Directv contract with Fox networks coming up...AGREEMENT REACHED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
NoWhrMn said:
Interesting....I just saw an ad on the local FOX station saying that they may also be pulled on the 1st. Not sure if this fear mongering from from FOX via the loca stations or what. I thought the locals were not going to be effected. Its the Tucson local KMSB.

KMSB is part of the Belo dispute. The Belo contract also ends midnight tonight.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

JerseyMatt said:
I can't for the life of me see how this is legal. Fox is blatantly LYING to Directv's customers in an attempt to influence the negotiations. It's a textbook example of libel.

They are both full of bs. Directv is telling us subs that they are trying to save us subs from a 40% increase. Thanks for ONLY thinking of us dumbass subs. (Means people who believe this:) :)

I moved from Dish network because it could not get a deal with GolTv for several years. It is not that GolTv is an outstanding channel but sometimes it carries very nice soccer games.
Now on DirecTV I just discovered that Fox Soccer and the regional Fox sport might not be available starting tomorrow.
Where is my beef? Rrrrr, I mean where are my UEFA Champions League games for tomorrow and Wednesday?
If DirecTv is serious about protecting its customers (I do believe what it says, I am just over 70 years old after all so I believe everything it says) some sports programming should be shifted on different channels. Yes, it is possible if one looks at Channels 480 to 488 as an example.
What bothers me most is in certain aspects of this business we are imposed some decisions which benefit solely the provider: shut up and pay. (another example is the cellular phone business: you must take a 2 year contract for a discounted phone but the phone itself carries a one year warranty only).
Let's see who is the biggest liar. As far as I am concerned I feel, so far, that I am the biggest loser

locals are NOT part of this...neither is Fox News

I heard something similar in St. Louis that caught my attention because it wasn't the usual commercial...they added something like "and this may lead to losing Fox News as well". Maybe Fox is playing hardball and threatening to yanking that off the air if D* yanks everything else. Although if they're seperate contracts, not sure how they could.

It's funny. This dispute won't affect my tv viewing, but I'm following it.I'm rooting for DirecTV. Hopefully they will keep fox down, and the other companies can use specific clauses in their contract, or future negotiations to save some cash.

tigerfan33 said:
They are both full of bs. Directv is telling us subs that they are trying to save us subs from a 40% increase. Thanks for ONLY thinking of us dumbass subs. (Means people who believe this:) :)

Well when I was with Dish and we went through with the Fox contract I think the amount was 40% also. Fox is already on my bad list for dropping Americas Most Wanted. They need extra money for all the sports they carry. So I'd say Fox is the one causing all this trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

okay lets keep it civil, I already handed out one vacation, I dont want to hand out more...lets keep it clean and civil..we are not in 6th grade anymore (well except msmith, do they even go that high in alabama?) :D

on those -1 channels is a loop of Mike White letting us know what is going on

funny note...watch his movements..he does a pretty mean Stevie Wonder head move :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.