DirecTV D12-500 receiver with a Wineguard Roadtrip Minimax RV Dome antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoenigld

Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
United States
I've purchased a used RV with a Wineguard Roadtrip Minimax automatic dome satellite antenna. I'm attempting to install a Directv D12-500 SD box. The antenna is set for Directv (1-7up, 8 dwn). I seem to be in a catch 22 situation as Wineguard says if it doesn't find the satellite, then the box is set up wrong. But to set up the box, it needs a satellite signal. I've followed Wineguard's 12 step process, including selecting a 3-LNB 18x20 dish and multi-switch in step 5, but it doesn't verify in step 6. If I force through to step 9, it never downloads, because the antenna is not pointed at a satellite. What am I missing? BTW, the box works fine in the house, but that is a SWM setup. I've removed the dome and the antenna rotates 360 degrees and goes up and down as it searches, just never locks in on a signal. There are no obstructions to the southern sky.

This is a tough one as I'm not familiar with the winegard. Question... Is the dish SD or HD? If it's SD, and all you're really looking for is the 101 sat, try to hit "exit" on the remote just as it begins setup. (this is REALLY early )in the process and then select the setup menu. You need to get out of the SWM set up before you can do anything else. Play with that and see what happens.
I take my D12 from home into my RV (going from SWM at home to simple 18" dish on the RV) and that works for me. Hope it helps.:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)