Directv D14 live, directv D10 down (update: D10 now working)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My son turned 21 yesterday so we were out at his party, which is why I didn't post it to the home page.

Last I knew was yesterday afternoon it was reported to me and when I inquired about it was told that almost everything was restored so I didn't really think twice about it.

As a side note Directv placed a note in their homepage on how to unhide SD channels for any HD channels that aren't restored yet.

As a side note Directv placed a note in their homepage on how to unhide SD channels for any HD channels that aren't restored yet.

This is how I found out yesterday. I logged in to the Directv site and saw the instructions on how to unhide SD channels, I thought to myself, hmm...something is not right. Came here looking for answers and saw Satgirl51's post.

drop the ball on this site yesterday.

Kind of funny since it wasn't mentioned on their homepage until this morning either.

We can only post what DIRECTV sends us, which is kind of interesting as there have been no required SEC filings about issues with their spacecraft. That in and of itself strikes me as odd.

Reactions: Ronnie-
What's funny is I JUST got this in my inbox. (Mentions nothing about a satellite problem)

Dear SCOTT,

We are experiencing technical issues that have caused the temporary interruption of several national HD channels and DIRECTV CINEMA® in HD format. Our engineering team is hard at work to restore the channels as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

During this time, you can still view most channels in SD and order DIRECTV CINEMA® in SD format. If you have previously hidden your SD channels, please click here for information on how to unhide these channels now.

Additionally, you can always watch DIRECTV on your laptop, tablet, or phone*. To browse content now, click here.

We will let you know as soon as the HD channels resume normal broadcast. Again, we sincerely regret any inconvenience this issue may have caused and we continue to appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer.

Sincerely,
DIRECTV

What's funny is I JUST got this in my inbox. (Mentions nothing about a satellite problem)

Dear SCOTT,

We are experiencing technical issues that have caused the temporary interruption of several national HD channels and DIRECTV CINEMA® in HD format. Our engineering team is hard at work to restore the channels as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

During this time, you can still view most channels in SD and order DIRECTV CINEMA® in SD format. If you have previously hidden your SD channels, please click here for information on how to unhide these channels now.

Additionally, you can always watch DIRECTV on your laptop, tablet, or phone*. To browse content now, click here.

We will let you know as soon as the HD channels resume normal broadcast. Again, we sincerely regret any inconvenience this issue may have caused and we continue to appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer.

Sincerely,
DIRECTV
I got same thing this morning from them!! :)

How long do they have to file an issue, if it is D10?

I still wonder if it wasnt a botched handover, but Im not satellite expert and don't care to be.

Here is what I am seeing. I don't have a 99CA on mine but I do have a 103 CA and 103 CB

dtv103.png

dtv103-2.png

I still wonder if it wasnt a botched handover, but Im not satellite expert and don't care to be.

As far I was told yesterday morning they were NOT planning on doing anything with DIRECTV 14 yesterday and were moving those plans until next week. Obviously those plans were moved up. And I have to say DIRECTV really handled it well as many people did not notice any issues.

Well I just through my DIRECTV satellite setup... and here is what I am seeing. (I have not done the CE for about 2 months now so I am on release software)

101 - All Good
110 - Good signal on 2 of the 3 transponders, one transponder has of 0 reading
119 - All Good
99 C - All Good
99 S - No readings all --'s
103S - All OK
103CA - OK
103 CB - All 0's

Just talked to a friend out in LA (where it is nice and WARM... not like the -15 we have here today with the wind chill) and I am being told corporate is being very tight lipped and it appears the unofficial reason for the D-10 failure is a loss of power and orientation.. He said they are still trying to recover it.

DIRECTV 15 which is next to launch was scheduled to replace D-10 so the failure if its not recovered does not really hurt them for the long run.

I am told that we can expect an official statement in a few hours and that legal is now in the process of finalizing that.

Because I am hearing this from one party, everything said above should be considered a RUMOR until officially confirmed by DIRECTV themselves. Hopefully we will have a statement soon.

The CE software has 99ca, I have it on my HR-34 receiver. The national release doesn't which makes me wonder, how does a receiver see the 99ca signal if it's not in the software? Just curious!

And yes, Directv handled it pretty well and they were also very lucky that it happened when it happened. Directv 14 was already there to lend a hand. :D

What you see on screen has nothing to do with the receiver being able to handle signals from D14. It doesn't need any update to do that.

I just got this from DIRECTV.

Thanks Scott. We’ll decline to comment on the cause other than to say there was a technical issue yesterday resulting in the temporary interruption of several national HD channels. Our Engineering team restored most of those channels early this morning and is working to bring the rest of them back today. The affected channels remain available in standard definition.

Reactions: ETS
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)