Directv D14 live, directv D10 down (update: D10 now working)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is that part of the HD Only package ?

Looks like it is ... I don't sub to that , so it tells me I need to sub, so essentially, I don't know.

I don't know what they call it, but it could be. I assume those channels will eventually return.

Still waiting for my email. I never get offered deals, like other subscribers, I never get discounts of any kind, and now they don't even bother sending me an email about the outage. I swear, D* hates me.

This one just happened. I highly doubt it was a button push, as it takes allot more than that to make a satellite tumble. ;) Very fortunate that they could CTRL ALT DEL this one and reboot the satellite. I am sure someone was doing this :smash :computerwindowto their computer at DirecTV yesterday. LOL. In all seriousness it was a really impressive recovery.

It is likely that something failed on the satellite and they had to use discontinue the use of it and switch over to a backup component to get the satellite operational again. Something like a failed gyroscope could cause the satellite to turn out of position, and they would have to diagnose, discontinue the use of it and turn on a backup one and wait for it to move back into position. It takes a while for them to do things like that.

Reactions: goaliebob99
I just got this in my inbox.

We are pleased to report the technical issue that caused the temporary interruption of several national HD channels has been resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

I saw that "Gary Toma" posted over on the other forum that D14(99ca) is now totally empty and isn't providing any channels, none... Zero.

All channels have been moved back to D10(103cb), very weird but I suppose that means directv is confident D10 is ok now, it's now providing over 60 national HD channels.

Maybe they needed to empty D14 for more testing or something else .... I am just guessing I really have no idea.

Hopefully we get some more HD soon, that's a lot of bandwidth just setting there begging to be used..:)

Looks like D14(99ca) is firing up again, around 45+ channels are now in testing on D14(none new)for Puerto Rico market, this would be via D14 conus+ beam, which means these channels will be sent via conus and the new D14 only spot beam for Puerto Rico.

What that should mean is these channels should be taken off their old location once they go live or directv will be wasting bandwidth with duplicates.

For example Discovery Channel HD is one of the channels in testing on D14, once it goes live for Puerto Rico it should also go live conus (national beam) so could be removed from its current location D12(103ca), so while taking up room(bandwidth) on the new sat it will be equally freeing up room(bandwidth)on the old sats.

So basically any channel that directv wants Puerto Rico to have will come from D14(99ca) so it just makes since to move the channels there and remove from old sats D10, D11 and D12.

This also makes since why directv removed all channels from D14 and back to D10 in the prior weeks.

Looks like D14(99ca) is firing up again, around 45+ channels are now in testing on D14(none new)for Puerto Rico market, this would be via D14 conus+ beam, which means these channels will be sent via conus and the new D14 only spot beam for Puerto Rico.

What that should mean is these channels should be taken off their old location once they go live or directv will be wasting bandwidth with duplicates.

For example Discovery Channel HD is one of the channels in testing on D14, once it goes live for Puerto Rico it should also go live conus (national beam) so could be removed from its current location D12(103ca), so while taking up room(bandwidth) on the new sat it will be equally freeing up room(bandwidth)on the old sats.

So basically any channel that directv wants Puerto Rico to have will come from D14(99ca) so it just makes since to move the channels there and remove from old sats D10, D11 and D12.

This also makes since why directv removed all channels from D14 and back to D10 in the prior weeks.

This was done last week with more configuration coming in the future. You may see directv mirror channels already in existence on the rest of the CONUS slots for testing. D15 is a month away from launch, so you may see Directv move quickly on D14 to finish that up for D15. It's all about when they want to light it up. Also, DirecTV may way to see how the launch of D15 goes so they know what they have on hand. It's one thing if D15 goes boom versus a successful launch.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)