DirecTv Deceptive?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I try to see the humor in what you're saying, but it doesn't explain why DirecTV is screwing people and it all seems acceptable, and in some instances some being sympathetic to DirecTV. Sounds like some form of "Stockholm Syndrome" to me.

Because DirecTV is not screwing anyone. You are getting a free Genie. If you want a specific model, go to solid signal or other online seller and pay the full lease price.

Babadem, I had a similar issue when I first signed up years ago. I sent you a PM.

Edit: It doesn't show up in my sent folder though... so hopefully it went through...
Edit 2: Ok, apparently you have to check a box to have a copy in your sent folder... never mind

Thanks, I got it! :D

Because DirecTV is not screwing anyone. You are getting a free Genie. If you want a specific model, go to solid signal or other online seller and pay the full lease price.

...and what do you call the $25.00 per month lease fees (they may label it what ever they like ) I pay for the Genie? Multiply that by 24 and tell me what you come up with.

...and what do you call the $25.00 per month lease fees (they may label it what ever they like ) I pay for the Genie? Multiply that by 24 and tell me what you come up with.

The 25 dollars a month is only for the 1st recvr for the most part, this IS explained many times already .

Yoy have $10 for the HD, most of us get that free with Autopay, that is a fee on the Account, not per box, then you have the DVR fee, same goes with this one, it's 1 fee per account, NOT by the box and then the MRV (which personally I don't think they should charge for). I may be missing something, can't remember at the moment.
However, these are on the account , not the boxes, so if you have Cable, you get these fees on each box typically, while with D* you can have however many boxes you want and only pay that 1 time per month.

Last edited:
That's crazy.......but I made it abundantly clear when i was putting in my order that i wanted HR44 and I was told that was no problem. I still want to get the HR44. Let's see what happens by end of day tomorrow, I may have a very short relationship with Directv.

If you did not perform an audio recording of the representative stating "that would be no problem" and of course you saying you wanted a 44 unit, you are stuck with what they gave you.
Unfortunately for the consumers, both satellite companies do this. They will not stop delivering the older equipment on had until it is gone from the warehouses and RSP's will use the stock they have been sent by the provider.

However, these are on the account , not the boxes, so if you have Cable, you get these fees on each box tyically, while with D* you can have however many boxes you want and only pay that 1 time per month.

I am noticing that. Charter is crazy. There are no "free" boxes. Its 6.99 per box regardless if HD or SD
DVR on "up to 4 receivers" is 19.99

so for 2 TV's on charter equipment fees are 33.97 :eek:

edit: I see they "only" charge 11.99 if you have just 1 TV with a DVR...so for 1 TV its 18.98

Double play always works fine for me. You just have to change the channel to what ever 2nd one you want to toggle between after you initiate DP. Mine usually goes to channel 3(local ch) then I change that channel like normal to what I want. Push down arrow and bam I'm back on the ch I was watching in the first place.

DirecTV really should have the CSRs state very clearly that you will get what equipment is available at the time of install instead leading a customer to believe that they will get an exact model number that is requested. Of course they really should be setting up people with the newest equipment that they picture in the ads. They also should allow you to request a certain model over another even if there's an extra one time charge upfront, say a $20 preference charge...just a thought. I always get my equipment elsewhere if I want something specific.

When I got the Genie upgrade, I told the CSR to put it on the note for the work order, specifically for the HR44, They'll do that for you, but won't guarantee you'll get it, Once you get the install date and that day comes, Tech will call you before he arrives to confirm he's on his way, That's when you ask him, which model he carries for the install, If 34 then cancel appointment, If 44 then great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Call the president office for them and complain that you didn't get the HR- 44. If they won't give it to you then see if you can be let out of your contract without paying the termination fee.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When I got the Genie upgrade, I told the CSR to put it on the note for the work order, specifically for the HR44, They'll do that for you, but won't guarantee you'll get it, Once you get the install date and that day comes, Tech will call you before he arrives to confirm he's on his way, That's when you ask him, which model he carries for the install, If 34 then cancel appointment, If 44 then great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
In this case I was assured I will get HR44 when I placed my order. At no time before the installation did anyone from DirectV mention to me that the HR44 was not a guaranteed product. All the slime, and trickery use of words only began post installation.

In this case I was assured I will get HR44 when I placed my order. At no time before the installation did anyone from DirectV mention to me that the HR44 was not a guaranteed product. All the slime, and trickery use of words only began post installation.
why did you not ask the tech prior to them installing it?

why did you not ask the tech prior to them installing it?
Didn't think to since, I already confirmed the order and equipment to be installed. Businesses entities/representatives should keep to their pronouncements during business dealings. BTW, why do you fail to acknowledge the bad business etiquette exhibited by DirecTV, or are you a spokes person for them?

Didn't think to since, I already confirmed the order and equipment to be installed. Businesses entities/representatives should keep to their pronouncements during business dealings. BTW, why do you fail to acknowledge the bad business etiquette exhibited by DirecTV, or are you a spokes person for them?

i know when i called for my first install i asked for the hr24 and was told they could not guarantee anything
i did state if the tech brings anything other then that i would refuse.
i thin followed up and asked the tech when he called to confirm, and again when he arrived

i took the responsibility, thanks to this forum and the info i learned here, to make certain i received what i wanted

CSR's can promise all they want, they just want the order placed, It's up to the technician to know for sure, if that's what he carries with him, All the CSR can do is put a note for the order, and hopefully it reflects back to the technician that's doing the work order, but CSR's don't guarantee that you'll get the HR44, and if they did they're clearly misinformed.

Just a couple of comments:
1. A CSR should know that he can't specify a specific model but many of them don't seem to.
2. Even some CSRs that know this will, if pressured enough by a customer, "agree" to sending an HR44 just to get the customer off the phone. I am not saying the OP did this, just that some customers won't accept that a genie could be either an HR34 or an HR44.

Or anyone that's been on this site for almost 7 years with close to 2000 posts might know:rolleyes:

You still don't get it? The point at hand is the lack of integrity as displayed by DirecTV. Your myopic views, blind following and dedication to DirecTV has actively clouded your common sense of reasoning and restricted you not to think beyond your little realm. Why am I even responding to such a dimwitted post? :confused: :(

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts