Genie, Wireless Client & AM21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HammerHead001

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Just curious - when I connect an AM-21 to the HR-34 or 44 if the wireless clients will receive the off air signal or not? Thanks in advance!

Just curious - when I connect an AM-21 to the HR-34 or 44 if the wireless clients will receive the off air signal or not? Thanks in advance!

Yes, the C41W's get the OTA channels, as long as one of the tuners is open. The mini clients can do everything you can do on the native Genie except picture in picture.

By open channel you mean? I assume there is a limitation as to how many wireless clients you can marry to the genie - right? I plan on 3 wireless clients. Does that leave me an open channel?

Genie can have a max of 8 clients paired to it, with only 3 active/turned on at one time.

When in say open channel, let's say the Genie and one client are watching a channel via the AM21, which has only two tuners in it, then then next client that want's to use a OTA channel won't be able to tune it in.

Genie can have a max of 8 clients paired to it, with only 3 active/turned on at one time.

When in say open channel, let's say the Genie and one client are watching a channel via the AM21, which has only two tuners in it, then then next client that want's to use a OTA channel won't be able to tune it in.

Actually were being told the genies can only have 3 total wireless clients. Not 8. I haven't seen an order to disprove that yet either.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You can connect eight, but only three can be used at a time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)