Directv did a massive RSN renumbering on the alts overnight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tank

Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Glendive, MT
I noticed this morning that my alternate rsn had changed. my rsn's are root nw (687) and altitude (681) but because the Utah jazz claim Montana (but the Denver nuggets dont) their games were on root rocky mtn alt (684-1 aka root sports utah). noticed this morning it changed to 683-1. Altitude 2 went from 682-1 to 681-1

checked and the weird alt numberings are gone. looks like directv changed the alts to whatever "subfeed" it is right under the "main" feed. so as example there was root nw + which was 688-1...now its 687-1. NESN+ use to be 629-1 now its 628-1 (NESN is 628).

I do see there are some jumbled messes too where there are subfeeds and plus channels.

so if you have a favorite list and have an alt channel as a favorite you may want to check that list out. for some reason the new 683-1 didnt move on the favorites

I noticed this morning that my alternate rsn had changed. my rsn's are root nw (687) and altitude (681) but because the Utah jazz claim Montana (but the Denver nuggets dont) their games were on root rocky mtn alt (684-1 aka root sports utah). noticed this morning it changed to 683-1. Altitude 2 went from 682-1 to 681-1

checked and the weird alt numberings are gone. looks like directv changed the alts to whatever "subfeed" it is right under the "main" feed. so as example there was root nw + which was 688-1...now its 687-1. NESN+ use to be 629-1 now its 628-1 (NESN is 628).

I do see there are some jumbled messes too where there are subfeeds and plus channels.

so if you have a favorite list and have an alt channel as a favorite you may want to check that list out. for some reason the new 683-1 didnt move on the favorites

Thanks for sharing I am going check my alternates for my home team!! :)

looking further it cleans up the guide and makes it easier for the casual sports fan to find their "alt" or "plus" channel. Its "right under their nose" or right below the main channel

i noticed some rsns have FIVE alt channels.

I like this change, cleans up the guide and easier to understand what the alt feeds belong to.

Looks like they added the MLB Extra Innings channels too.

One glaring omission of the "rsn channel shuffle" is MSG. They still have "NYALT" and separate channels. I know 638 is the MSG feed for Buffalo Sabres games so dont get why that cant be 634-1.

What I have seen I like it a lot better and easier to find the alternates!!! :)

Isn't there more than just MSG programming on the NY Alts? I know most of it is, but I am fairly certain I have seen some other non-MSG things on there occasionally.

This new numbering is great. I, also, find it easier to use.

There is a flaw. Both of my receivers are set to "Hide SD Duplicates". On my HR34, there is usually an HD and SD of the same subchannel. There are some that need both. For Example: FSOK 676-5 HD is only active during select games, while 676-5 SD shows all exclusive FSOK programming. I am able to see both on my HR34. I can NOT see the SD feed of FSOK on my client. FS Wisconsin is the same way. Some of the SD alternates show and some don't on the client. Not a huge deal, but worth noting, if you are a fan of the SD-only shows.

Today, my Genie is now doing the same thing. I still like the new numbering, but the SD-only on FS Wisconsin and FS Oklahoma needs to be upgraded to HD for this to work properly.

Wi. has a HD. OK I do not see.

Did you read what I wrote?

I know it has a HD. The FSOKSD 676-5 channel has more content than the FSOKHD 676-5. When you have it on "Hide SD duplicates," it hides the SD version of the channel, which means you can't see the programming that is SD-only. It was not like that before, hide SD Duplicates did not hide the SD and HD if they were different. There is quite a bit of programming on FSOK, for a subchannel. Same for FSWis, but they don't have as much of it.

Last edited:
The FSWIS and FSOK issue is back. I have emailed them. Am I the only one who ever watches FSOK? There is a lot of unique content. One could argue it is worthy of its own RSN channel, at some points in the year there almost as much unique content as FSCIN compared to FSOH and FSSD vs Prime Ticket. Like FSCIN, it's only SD, but better than nothing.

Yes I watch FSOK and it's pretty stupid that the sd version has more content to offer than the hd. HD seems to only be used for Thunder games

Yes I watch FSOK and it's pretty stupid that the sd version has more content to offer than the hd. HD seems to only be used for Thunder games

PLEASE Email or call directv about this. I have done so and have been emailed today by three different people saying that they are looking into it. I think they might understand, but it won't hurt to see others bringing the issue up. With the SD channel no longer there, we are not getting the FSOK and FSWIS programming we are supposed to be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts