Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hello Jimbo,

I have a theory about Viacom. My idea is that they believe that their content will decrease in value as time goes on so now is the time to go for broke as their ability to maximize profits will decrease as time goes by. Instead of improving programming for additional value they will go for the maximum cash to renew contracts. If they believed differently they would have not removed any of the programs or just a select few programs to show their resolve. :whip:

and so go the days of tv life...publicity stunt perhaps...and I'm not missing anything, am I? Soon, only one Corporation will dominate the World and TV? Echosphere? Me? Operated by R. Murdoch? Am I dealing in the word "We". sounds like powerful and dynamic play the sleezy way to demand, is have wanted channels, and absolute power to play? And what if there really is 100,000 channel system available right now! Without a satellite. Without cables or walls of display? Needing HS Internet, or mo' money, money, money said...

Must end; or else!

and so go the days of tv life...publicity stunt perhaps...and I'm not missing anything, am I? Soon, only one Corporation will dominate the World and TV? Echosphere? Me? Operated by R. Murdoch? Am I dealing in the word "We". sounds like powerful and dynamic play the sleezy way to demand, is have wanted channels, and absolute power to play? And what if there really is 100,000 channel system available right now! Without a satellite. Without cables or walls of display? Needing HS Internet, or mo' money, money, money said...

Must end; or else!

Huh?

Must end; or else!

What ever he is smoking, I want some. 100,000 channels without a display. Pure ownage.

Another update from DIRECTV (still nothing from Viacom since Friday)

[h=6]DirecTV
[/h][h=6]Viacom Update: We hope you were able to get some well-deserved rest and relaxation the past couple of days. We were working hard with Viacom to get a deal done. We keep getting closer to a long-term agreement to ensure your family can get the channels it wants for the most affordable cost. Rest assured, this is all temporary and channels will return.

But until they do, we want you to know that new, original episodes of “The Daily Show” and “The Colbert Report” will likely be available on Hulu tomorrow. Viacom regrettably removed both series from their own free websites last week, but Hulu (Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu) remains free to watch. More updates will follow, we thank you for your support[/h]

haha (I like the pic)

Attachments

• directv  2.jpg
    directv 2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Tiny update from VIACOM
does this mean they will bring back colbert nation? does it mean they want me to use hulu? or does it mean they want me to somehow watch it 5 minutes after it is done airing?

Must end; or else!

best post i have ever seen on this forum. +1 to you

Nope thats the correct one. :) For some reason though when posting it kept pasting the URL of the other article, but after 5 attempts finally posted the correct one. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)