Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
lets see what CREED will get viacom axed

lets see what corporate creed at work will get them axed, a 30% increase is to much to pay for mostly rerun channels don't this so

Spike - the only channel I'd miss
MTV *- not worth watching
MTV2 *- not worth watching
VH1 *- not worth watching
VH1 Classic - I'll miss metal...but reruns
CMT *- not worth watching
BET *- not worth watching
Palladia *- not worth watching I don't pay for this extra hd channel anyway
Logo *- not worth watching
Comedy - nope don't do this
one
Nick - needs to be playing outside learning by doing
Nick Jr - needs to be playing outside learning by doing
Teenick- needs to be playing outside learning by doing
NickToons- needs to be playing outside learning by doing
Centric - never heard of this so it must be - not worth watching

Last edited:
I found Viacom's contact info on their website and just sent them this email. If I will get a reply, maybe not, but who knows.

Dear Sir

I have DirecTV and have found out just a couple days ago that your channels may be dropped. I am disappointed in Viacom. As a viewer who family members DVR Jersey Shore and other shows on MTV, I can't stand to see that my satellite bill may go up. If DirecTV even pays the few cents you claim, I may be forced to drop my service. Going to another provider is not an option. If I have to go without watching my favorite shows, I will.

Thank you

Dominic Perez
Fort Worth, TX

Again here is the FULL LIST of all 26 VIacom Channels being removed.

Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, VH1, CMT, Logo, Spike, TV Land, MTV2, VH1 Classic, Palladia, NickJr, NickToons, TeenNick, Nickelodeon West, Tr3s, Centric, MTV India, Nickelodeon HD, Comedy Central HD, MTV HD, BET HD, VH1 HD, CMT HD, Spike HD

I agree JUCJ85 it doesn't make sense since most of the stations are crap except a couple of them :)

I know, it's amazing how these companies try to get more and more when most of the content is crap. I watch Spike for TNA wresting, but isn't enough for me to switch, even if it was, I wouldn't, I've been with DirecTV for 6 years, and never would leave. Normally I would blame both, but Viacom is blindsiding everyone, we shouldn't have to pay 30% more for crap.

Funniest video ever! Viacom/TNA Wrestling had Hulk Hogan come in and record a video. it's too funny

TNA is having all their wrestlers on twitter send out tweets saying DirecTV is dropping Spike. Karen Jarrett wife of the the founder of TNA is the only one of them to retweet DirecTV's twitter message saying they are not dropping the channels and want to keep them on. Also is MTV having Snooki for her show send out tweets, and MTV's Awkward having their cast members send out tweets. But one of the main cast members for Awkward dosent't get it. Brett Davern on twitter hahahah

I wonder how much those videos cost.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Again here is the FULL LIST of all 26 VIacom Channels being removed.

Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, VH1, CMT, Logo, Spike, TV Land, MTV2, VH1 Classic, Palladia, NickJr, NickToons, TeenNick, Nickelodeon West, Tr3s, Centric, MTV India, Nickelodeon HD, Comedy Central HD, MTV HD, BET HD, VH1 HD, CMT HD, Spike HD

It's funny how 7 of them are duplicates. The whole 26 channels is misleading. I don't consider SD versions of Nick, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, VH1, CMT, Spike TV as part of those 26.

Yup and I want to THANK EVERYONE for posting for me (and for themselves) on the Viacom Facebook pages!

We are posting so much that they can't keep up with the posts!

As I said before I don't fault Viacom for wanting to get paid more for its properties, but the problem is I have is them lying trying to make DIRECTV look like the bad guy here by saying DIRECTV is taking down the channels, when its Viacom FORCING DIRECTV to take the channels down. Thats the part I have a problem with because DIRECTV wants to keep the channel up while negoations continue. (And I know DIRECTV and VIACOM WILL reach an agreement sometime down the road.) So why punish the fans of those channels?

They've taken out a bunch of recent anti-Viacom replies on the anti-DTV page, but managed to miss a couple of mine. So, I threw out a post asking what they have to hide. Ban in 3...2...

Yup and I want to THANK EVERYONE for posting for me (and for themselves) on the Viacom Facebook pages!

We are posting so much that they can't keep up with the posts!

As I said before I don't fault Viacom for wanting to get paid more for its properties, but the problem is I have is them lying trying to make DIRECTV look like the bad guy here by saying DIRECTV is taking down the channels, when its Viacom FORCING DIRECTV to take the channels down. Thats the part I have a problem with because DIRECTV wants to keep the channel up while negoations continue. (And I know DIRECTV and VIACOM WILL reach an agreement sometime down the road.) So why punish the fans of those channels?

yw Scott and ty for all you have done to keep us informed :)

They've taken out a bunch of recent anti-Viacom replies on the anti-DTV page, but managed to miss a couple of mine. So, I threw out a post asking what they have to hide. Ban in 3...2...

If you speak out against Viacom they will take your post down and ban you from posting which is crap

If you speak out against Viacom they will take your post down and ban you from posting which is crap

Surprisingly, they haven't taken down any of mine yet in reply to their post claiming Direct was removing the channels. They've removed a bunch of others, but still haven't even removed my post calling out their removing of posts.

I think I have stealth capabilities. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)