Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I second the mention of finding it online as an alternative. Several of the Nick Jr. programs are on Netflix.

If this lasts till next year I wonder what this means for the DirecTV beach bowl. In it's 6 years of running it's presenting sponsor was Spike TV. And it has always been Spike vs Palladia in the football game.

Give us an example of where or what public place is better then Facebook. People post the link on their page, there is a list of Contact Numbers as well. What do you suggest?

I found this forum by looking at comparisons of DirectTV and Dish, after speaking with DTV this morning. I asked what type of credit I'd be receiving, as I'm losing so much programming that is relevant to my household. After reading her script to me, she finally offered me $5/mo. Hmmm... in my opinion, that would compensate me for the childish ads running non stop yesterday, but not for losing so much relevant programming.

I find both of them at fault. It's all business, but allowing it to go this far should mean that DTV and Viacom should be hiring some new negotiators.

I'll be switching.

Thanks for all the fantastic information on these forums. I was uncomfortable with switching (no one likes change) but now feel more confident with it.

What did you say to get 5 bucks a month. All they offered me was some additional Encore programming which is a special I think they were already running.

Wholeshoe

Give us an example of where or what public place is better then Facebook. People post the link on their page, there is a list of Contact Numbers as well. What do you suggest?
Places like the consumerist, Engadget, Gizmodo, Satelliteguys... etc where people who are not necessarly in the know will catch wind of whats going on and talk about it more.

The more eyes you can get to view your side of things the better. :)

billboards, newspapers, television
not all people use social media
i do not and will not use facebook, twitter, ect

Places like the consumerist, Engadget, Gizmodo, Satelliteguys... etc where people who are not necessarly in the know will catch wind of whats going on and talk about it more.

The more eyes you can get to view your side of things the better. :)
Facebook has by far hundrends of Millions more viewers then all of these sites you listed put together.

And they are already listed on these. Everyone post there distress on Facebook, and hundered of friends see, and then theie hundreds of friends see. And so on. Everyones heard of Facebook and Twitter, Can't say the same about ANY of the Sites you listed.

billboards, newspapers, television
not all people use social media
i do not and will not use facebook, twitter, ect

Must be old-fashioned eh? BTW, here's the picture I made for you! Viacorrupted.png

Facebook has by far hundrends of Millions more viewers then all of these sites you listed put together.
But the only people who see your Facebook page are the people who want to join it. The rest of the 900 million people on Facebook wont even know your page exists. Again the only people who will see it are those who are pissed at Viacom.

You want eyeballs of people who don't necessarily know whats going on.

And the greedy get greedier....Viacom needs a good kick in the arse!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)