Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do they list the "26 channels" anywhere? Lol!

no because its 17 channels...Vi a-hole is counted HD channels twice (once as SD once as HD)

I've posted it a couple times in the thread the 16 (but found out MTV India is one too) channels total

Viacom Yanks Free TV Shows From Web Amid DirecTV Impasse - 2012-07-11 19:29:08 | Multichannel News

Wow! Now Viacom is screwing everyone. Do they realize that by doing this it only makes them look bad. Even those fans that may support them may now be turned off by this little act.

OK. Now that's just f**king wrong. Talk about screwing the whole public. By doing this, they're getting everybody involved in a fight that doesn't have to do with them if they're not D* subs. This is the first time I've seen a programmer be this active in a dispute and in the end, it's all gonna come back to bite them in their asses.

I just feel sorry for my neighbor as he just switched to D* about 2 weeks ago and now has to deal with this mess. But then again, he might not watch any of those channels so it might no affect him. All I know is that I'm not even a D* sub and I'm getting annoyed by this fiasco because I think what Viacom is doing is just wrong, plain and simple.

Keep them off and pay for HD channels from the other networks that are only shown in SD on Direct. DIY, Cooking, H2, etc....

Honestly, I could care less if Viacom channels ever come back to Direct TV. It always urked me to know that part of my bill went to some of those stations anyway. My kids are a little upset, but it will pass, and if they wind up watching a little less TV as a result, well I have no problem with that either. Hey Viacom . . . don't let the door hit you on the way. See yah!
i feel the same way. i used to love TVLand but it's horrible these days, more new shows than old ones. UFC is on FX now instead of spike, so i'm good. i know others like these channles though. just wish we could choose whether or not we get them.

I called Viacom.... When they finally answered the only thing I could get to come out of my mouth is... "You are a$$hol3s!.... Don't know where that came from... Maybe cause my three children have been mad all day because of this...

I believe that Viacom has a right to demand more money, to me thats not an issue. The issue is the ads they are showing is saying that "DIRECTV IS DROPPING 26 CHANNELS" when in reality it should say "Viacom is forcing DIRECTV to drop 26 Channels."
Did you expect Viacom to issue a statement that would make THEM look bad?

Well, they pretty much proved they were the ones pulling channels by pulling their offerings from their website, and putting every potential viewer in the middle of their spat with DTV. That said, a lot of their viewers watch stuff like Teen Mom and Jersey Shore, so they've proven they'll lap up any garbage Viacom has fed them in the first place.

I agree a la carte should at least be given a chance.No one can really say for sure if it would work or not because it's never truly been tried.

This is from Dish Networks FB Page........DISH customers, you can watch channels like MTV, BET, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, SPIKE TV, and TV Land on DISH. DISH has a longstanding agreement that ensures you will be able to enjoy these channels for years to come! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...08.45347040850&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf Read the responses to that most people are nailing them on AMC,IFC and WE

Lets see... if we do Viacom Math, its 2 cents per channel, which they claim there are 26 channels, so 26 x .02 is .52 cents a month time 20,000,000 customers, thats $10,400,000 a month increase. So over a year thats a $124,800,000 increase. (and thats on top of what they were already paying.)

Yup thats just pennies. :)

But, didn't Viacom say "pennies a day"?

Even though it will never happen I think we should see a credit on our next bill. Because when I get my new bill on July 23 Directv is going to bill me as if they have the Viacom channels. So since they don't they shouldn't be able to bill me for them.

Even though it will never happen I think we should see a credit on our next bill. Because when I get my new bill on July 23 Directv is going to bill me as if they have the Viacom channels. So since they don't they shouldn't be able to bill me for them.

That would be great but I doubt it will happen :)

Viacom dropping their online video seriously made me laugh

Sent from my iPhone

Lkr said:
Viacom dropping their online video seriously made me laugh

Sent from my iPhone

I did as well. I'm am wondering which genius made this decision.

How in any way does that hurt anyone but themselves ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts