Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
:mad: Oh I am so mad...how can Directv do that. They dropped a channel that I watch. Thats it. I'm calling Directv to cancel and go to Dish. We got no notice before they dropped it. They can't do this. Who do they think they are? Dish??

ok...the above was sarcasm just to let ya know. ;) But D* did drop a channel

ICTV (In Country TV) channel 86 & 344 they removed yesterday. Yeah I know its one of those shopping/paid program type channel but they did have a show I watched at Midnight. Unreliable Sources (use to watch it when they were on free to air and now Directv) is on there. Its kinda a "slanted" (depending on how you feel) look at the current events in the world and a call in show.

Bummer......oh well still lots of good stuff to watch on D* (like the MLB Network) :)

Read this elsewhere. I also read they will be moving to internet streaming of their programming.

I emailed ICTV and this was their response.

Thank you for supporting our programmers and our network. We would like to inform you that ICTV is available full-time on DISH Network along with our full line-up of programs.

Unfortunately, DirecTV is placing unreasonable demands on our network that prevent us from being able to show programming full-time on their platform. They have more than enough capacity to carry the channel if they elected, but they believe main stream sports such as football are the only types of programming that warrant their time.

We would encourage you to consider switching to Dish Network to show your support for our programmers.

Michael Norton
Senior Vice President
In Country Television
8101 East Prentice Avenue, Suite 700
Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111"

So, if you're like me and have DirecTI emaild ICTV and this was their response.

"Thank you for supporting our programmers and our network. We would like to inform you that ICTV is available full-time on DISH Network along with our full line-up of programs.

Unfortunately, DirecTV is placing unreasonable demands on our network that prevent us from being able to show programming full-time on their platform. They have more than enough capacity to carry the channel if they elected, but they believe main stream sports such as football are the only types of programming that warrant their time.

We would encourage you to consider switching to Dish Network to show your support for our programmers.

Michael Norton
Senior Vice President
In Country Television
8101 East Prentice Avenue, Suite 700
Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111

:mad: Oh I am so mad...how can Directv do that. They dropped a channel that I watch. Thats it. I'm calling Directv to cancel and go to Dish. We got no notice before they dropped it. They can't do this. Who do they think they are? Dish??

ok...the above was sarcasm just to let ya know. ;) But D* did drop a channel

ICTV (In Country TV) channel 86 & 344 they removed yesterday. Yeah I know its one of those shopping/paid program type channel but they did have a show I watched at Midnight. Unreliable Sources (use to watch it when they were on free to air and now Directv) is on there. Its kinda a "slanted" (depending on how you feel) look at the current events in the world and a call in show.

Bummer......oh well still lots of good stuff to watch on D* (like the MLB Network) :)

Times that by 15 channels dropped by dish..Yes, It was Voom.
Sole reason I came back to dish..

You can only imagine how angry I was...

Any valued programing taken away is horendous.

That happened to me with XM Radio. I was pissed. I only listened to 2 stations most of the time - one was NPR and the other was dropped. I called and complained, got a few months of free service and then cancelled. No contract with them. When you're stuck in a contract it's even worse. I told XM they basically cancelled 50% of what I listen to and the other 50% was free anyway. They tried to convince me that another station was the same thing, which I already knew it wasn't. Their NPR was better than Houston's so I figured I'd take their free service and then drop them.

Read this elsewhere. I also read they will be moving to internet streaming of their programming.

interesting.....I know the full channel is on C-Band and the U.S. feed is on KU band...so I guess I'll have to go that route ;)

Well, that sounds like "the chicken or the egg"!

actually it was not found "that way" ;)

The first couple shows when they came back I watched on FTA. They said "hey we're on Dish 230 and Directv 86/344"...thats how I found out about the channel ;)

wow for a minute I thought u was crying about losing Disney on DTV and you were gonna miss Hannah Montana

wow for a minute I thought u was crying about losing Disney on DTV and you were gonna miss Hannah Montana

nope. :) Dont watch Disney Channel. Honestly have no clue where it is in the guide
Now if Nickelodeon would be dropped then I'd be mad :)

I don't think channels like Disney or Nickelodeon would ever be dropped, those are big money makers. Disney and Nick are between 290-300.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)