DirecTV DVR - Dual Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ndcart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
TX
Ok, forgive me if this has been asked before, but I currently have a Dish 522 which is a dual receiver. My wife loves this feature so that she can watch something in the other room off of DVR while I watch something else in the main room. Does DirecTV offer the same type of receiver, or must you have a separate DVR for each room? Thanks for the help! :confused:

No, they don't offer that and there aren't any receivers in development that do. The hd receievers though you can output hdmi and component at the same time, but with the same tuner of course.

No, DirecTV doesn't have anything similar to the Dish522 dual reciever.

You would need a seperate unit per viewing area... (unless you wanted to watch the same contents on each tv)

I am kind of glad that D* doesn't do it that way. I have seen the signal on the TV, in the second room of a relatives E* duel receiver, and it is BAD. Sending that signal down the coaxial cable causes big time pixelation on that second TV set. When it goes to a black screen, the screen is full of black and gray boxes, instead of a solid black screen. The picture is better on the TV hooked to directly to the E* receiver, though.

lou_do said:
I am kind of glad that D* doesn't do it that way. I have seen the signal on the TV, in the second room of a relatives E* duel receiver, and it is BAD. Sending that signal down the coaxial cable causes big time pixelation on that second TV set. When it goes to a black screen, the screen is full of black and gray boxes, instead of a solid black screen. The picture is better on the TV hooked to directly to the E* receiver, though.

It's so much more convenient for my situation to have two recievers in one. The image quaility on the second TV is a little worse, but not enough to make a difference, at least not to my wife! :D

ndcart said:
It's so much more convenient for my situation to have two recievers in one. The image quaility on the second TV is a little worse, but not enough to make a difference, at least not to my wife! :D

If PQ is not an issue, it works fine. It was funny, because I am always concerned with PQ, and when I mentioned the pixelation to my brother in law, he thought it was normal and it didn't bother him either. I told him to call E* and complain about it, so he called the next day and they told him it was normal, for the second output, on that unit.

lou_do said:
If PQ is not an issue, it works fine. It was funny, because I am always concerned with PQ, and when I mentioned the pixelation to my brother in law, he thought it was normal and it didn't bother him either. I told him to call E* and complain about it, so he called the next day and they told him it was normal, for the second output, on that unit.

Yeah, I think that's why it doesn't bother me. I hardly ever watch that TV, and if I do, it's usually like the news or something. The wife could care less as long as she can watch are American Idol.....Go figure.

Then with no Dual Tuner's available from DirectTV do they allow multiple DVR's?

I need/want 3 with one being HD.

FWIW I am not currently a customer of DirectTV but I'm thinking of switching.

Thanks
David

david in texas said:
Then with no Dual Tuner's available from DirectTV do they allow multiple DVR's?

I need/want 3 with one being HD.

FWIW I am not currently a customer of DirectTV but I'm thinking of switching.

Thanks
David

Yes, D* does allow multiple DVRs. But, you can only get the rebate, on one unit. Your DVR fee of $5.99 per month covers all of the DVRs in your house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts