Directv first aired dates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kaygirl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
South
What is happening with the first aired dates in the DTV show info? I'm trying to record several series with the wrong first aired date. Last week, a brand new show's first episode said it first aired back in June. This really screws up my recordings, as I usually set the entire series to record first run eps only. I keep missing programs. Who is responsible? Any ideas? Thanks.

Blame the channel, they are responsible for the data. Particular problems are programs already shown in Canada, where the first aired date is often the Canadian one.

Blame the channel, they are responsible for the data. Particular problems are programs already shown in Canada, where the first aired date is often the Canadian one.

I don’t buy that; I believe it’s a software issue. I have a problem recording local RSN programs because the data is the same for every episode, so the DVR records EVERY episode even when first run is initialized. In this instance, my recording of two shows can number close to 20 for one 24-hour period. I never had this problem with Dish, so I find it hard to believe this is coming from the channel. As seen in these images, Dish’s options are wide and varied compared to DirecTV. In the first D* image, I initially set this program to record at this particular time, but you can see in the second image it will record that one as well. The simplest way for me to avoid these repeat recordings is to go to each day at that particular time and set the timer – a real PITA in the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] Century, especially when your completion has solved this problem.

I believe that DirecTv's program descriptions come from Tribune, so the blame would lie with Tribune.

I don’t buy that; I believe it’s a software issue. I have a problem recording local RSN programs because the data is the same for every episode, so the DVR records EVERY episode even when first run is initialized. In this instance, my recording of two shows can number close to 20 for one 24-hour period. I never had this problem with Dish, so I find it hard to believe this is coming from the channel. As seen in these images, Dish’s options are wide and varied compared to DirecTV. In the first D* image, I initially set this program to record at this particular time, but you can see in the second image it will record that one as well. The simplest way for me to avoid these repeat recordings is to go to each day at that particular time and set the timer – a real PITA in the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] Century, especially when your completion has solved this problem.

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/Deltoid/media/dish_zps06dd1c1a.jpg.html http://s22.photobucket.com/user/Deltoid/media/IMG_4172_zpsb839a553.jpg.htmlhttp://s22.photobucket.com/user/Deltoid/media/IMG_4171_zpsf2f44b97.jpg.html

Very much a PITA!

What is Tribune? I'll be happy to pester them. :)

Tribune is the company that organize the guide info that is used by many providers.
The stations are suppose to send thier schedule to them then they do thier part and you end up with the info in your guide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts