Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DIRECTV Further Distances Itself From Cable and Dish Network in 2009 American Customer Satisfaction Index

Rates Higher Than All Major Cable Companies for Ninth Consecutive Year

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For the ninth straight year DIRECTV, the nation’s No.1 satellite television service, has once again scored higher for customer satisfaction than all major cable TV companies, in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI). DIRECTV’s score also soared even further past Dish Network this year by seven points, making it the only satellite company to outrank all cable companies surveyed.

In this year’s ACSI survey, DIRECTV improved its position by three points from last year and posted an index score of 71, reflecting customers’ overall satisfaction with the service, compared to the cable and satellite TV industry, which received an average score of 63. Specifically, DIRECTV scored five points higher than Cox Communications, 12 points higher than Comcast and Time Warner and 20 points higher than Charter Communications. Customers surveyed by the ACSI in the first quarter of 2009 were also asked about such issues as perceived quality, perceived value and their expectations prior to subscribing to the service. The ACSI also measures customer loyalty and retention.

“We understand that our customers have many options when it comes to choosing a television service provider, which is why it is vital for us to continue delivering the best customer experience possible,” said Mike Palkovic, executive vice president of Operations for DIRECTV. “Our No. 1 ranking in the 2009 ACSI survey reflects the hard work and dedication of all DIRECTV employees and customer service representatives. While we improved our position within the survey this year, we will continue to stay vigilant on improving all facets of the overall customer experience to further distance ourselves from the competition.”

These are the scores I found on the ACSI website. The scores are:
DirecTV: 71, Cox: 66, Dish: 64, Comcast: 59, Time Warner: 59, Charter: 51

I have Cox HSI here, and they seem to do a pretty good job. At least you get an english speaking person when you call, more than I can say for Dish and Verizon DSL.

From what I hear Dish may be getting rid of there overseas CSRs. Good knews for Dish. Finally step in the right direction.

Just setting the recorde straight...

I saw this the other day...unfortunatley, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse were left out of the study which is very surprising since both are required to obtain a Cable TV franchise by each LFA they provide service - just like any other cable company. This is really unfair because both are major cable TV operators...something like the 6th and 8th largest in the country.

According to JD Power, when you factor in FiOS and U-Verse, DirecTV comes in 3rd place...North, East, South and West. Nice try DirecTV.

Ratings | J.D. Power

Last edited:
Now, I've only had it about 10 days or so, but Im thinking the 722k with an EHD might be the best DVR I have ever used.
I agree with you there, Dish has the best equipment hands down, but as far as programming goes (especially if your a sports fan) then DirecTV is the king.

Not surprised either...

They have the best DVR's.... but the customer service just sucks...dealt with a CSR a month ago and all she did was read off a check list, even after I told her I had allready done these steps! Took two more calls to find somebody that would listen.....and Charlies false promises, but then not backing them up, are a real annoyance.

yep pretty expected, I have to say I have been Very happy with directv, and do agree with the others about dish recievers, they are nice, now I do love my DIrectv MRV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)