directv genie cable internet signal combiner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you are using an HR34 (Genie) with clients, or if you have "whole home dvr" using deca, you cannot diplex with any type of cable or OTA, including cable internet, as the frequencies used for them are the same as the frequencies for ota and cable. If not, then you can combine the signals.

If you are using an HR34 (Genie) with clients, or if you have "whole home dvr" using deca, you cannot diplex with any type of cable or OTA, including cable internet, as the frequencies used for them are the same as the frequencies for ota and cable. If not, then you can combine the signals.

its not just the genie or whole home, its SWM in general, I know I have done it successfully with Dishnetwork on sat 1 (not tv2) lines, and on legacy HD or SD DTV, but Im nearly posotive that all swm signals are incompatible with diplexing, as the control frequency is 2.something or other.

OK, technically speaking you can use diplexing for off-air with SWM as long as you use the correct diplexers (I did it for years), BUT you CANNOT use it with whole home.
And it's a lot easier just to say you can't use diplexing, which is what DirecTV will tell you.

its not just the genie or whole home, its SWM in general, I know I have done it successfully with Dishnetwork on sat 1 (not tv2) lines, and on legacy HD or SD DTV, but Im nearly posotive that all swm signals are incompatible with diplexing, as the control frequency is 2.something or other.

it can be done because its done here at the apartment complex. We have one line from the basement to each apartment. If someone wants cable internet they use a diplexer (we get Directv here for free) to combine them together

Some units have a Holland STVC diplexers
Some use a Directv brand mdu3xfltr0-09 "triplexer"

that should theoretically need a swm8 multiswitch however, and not a swm lnb, as the multiswitch has the ota feed built in, what sort of diplexor works with swm just so i know? Id like to stock a few on my truck when im doing internet only installs.

**edit**
or swm16 or swm32

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)