Directv Genie Mini Client slower than actual Genie?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

officialbulldog

Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
United States
Hi, I've had the genie for around 6 months, and I've noticed that the Genie Mini Client is significantly slower than the Genie itself. They are both HR44 models. Does anyone else have this problem. If so, is there a way to speed it up? I used to have the Hopper/Joey and they were equally fast, so it is a bit annoying that the mini client is slower than the main unit. Thanks!

I'm coming from a Hopper/Joey setup myself from back in August & have also observed that the Genie clients are slower but nothing I couldn't live with. If there's a solution to fix this I would be game but I suspect it's just the nature of this system. I can live with these minor flaws over sketchy picture quality & customer service any day.

I'm coming from a Hopper/Joey setup myself from back in August & have also observed that the Genie clients are slower but nothing I couldn't live with. If there's a solution to fix this I would be game but I suspect it's just the nature of this system. I can live with these minor flaws over sketchy picture quality & customer service any day.

Bingo! There is no way to speed them up. It's just one of the differences between dish and Directv

I find that the info will come up really slow. The chip set and memory that Pace is using in them, should handle it. When I had U-Verse before going to Direct. Even the STB's, that were connected via Cat-5e to the gateway, along with the DVR, were all new models, those even still had issues, when receiving info from the Master (DVR).

I personally would like to see Direct go towards a IPTV platform for on the customer side. That way QOS and media handling can be better handled. If thy would give us a choice to interconnect the boxes through Ethernet if available, when Coax is not, that would be a plus step forward.

Hi, I've had the genie for around 6 months, and I've noticed that the Genie Mini Client is significantly slower than the Genie itself. They are both HR44 models. Does anyone else have this problem. If so, is there a way to speed it up?

I have a HR34 and ditto your genie client problems. It's annoying to watch in the room with the client because of its slowness compared to watching in the room with the Genie main receiver.

I have found a temporary fix is to reboot the genie system - seems to make the client work a little faster for awhile until it starts to get sluggish again.

This issue is a big reason I can't wait for Nov 2014 for my directv contract to end so I can ditch DIRECTV and go back to DISH for 24 months.

Until I hear that Dish has significantly improved their picture quality and improve their Disney/ESPN HD channels availability I won't be considering them for now. Direct is not perfect & their C41 Clients can be a bit annoying, but with the pq I'm getting from them now after thinking I may have to live with inferior hd pq from what I was used to with Uverse, Comcast & recently Dish, im pretty happy with DirecTV.

My client is a little more laggy vs the HR44 I have. Reminds me of the HWS vs the original Hopper. When Id go use the older Hopper in the bedroom Id realize "dang this is slow" because I was used to the HWS.

The Genie is the receiver clients are streaming from the Genie so there is a delay from streaming

The Genie is the receiver clients are streaming from the Genie so there is a delay from streaming
It was like that with ATT's U-Verse System. You would see complaints all the time, about it being slow between the slave & the DVR. People did not realize that the two devices have to talk back and forth, in order for the signal to be received.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)