Directv Guide Has Changed ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jillian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Georgia USA
I have always been able to see what programs were coming on for 7 days. Now it is only for 24 hours and anything more will say" to be announced . " Has anyone else noticed this ? is Directv becoming more like Dish Network as you could only go forward three days on Dish.

what model receiver?

I have 2 R22's and they go out 13+ days. The H23 goes out about 8...just checked

You might have to do a reboot of the receiver (red button reboot) but be warned the guide will only show about 24 hours right away and will fill in the rest overnight

What receiver? The HR DVRs are getting new software and this could trigger a reload of the guide. This takes some time to complete.

H24/200. the same receiver that I saw the programs on for seven days . No DVR It definitely is not the receiver . Been seeing programs for 7 days forever with this receiver. Now , it has changed.

One possible cause could be that my TV just cut off today. I turned it back on and it said "No Signal" Then the satellite began to check and load back up. Maybe this is the possible cause. I will give it 24-48 hours to get the programs back onto the guide. If it doesn't in that time frame , then I will unplug the receiver from wall outlet and disconnect the cable from it for about 1 minute. Then connect the cable and plug receiver back in. If that does not work , I will notify DirecTv.

One possible cause could be that my TV just cut off today. I turned it back on and it said "No Signal" Then the satellite began to check and load back up. Maybe this is the possible cause.

yep sounds like the receiver reboot which clears out the guide completelly

Yes and so did mine until today.

I know, I was just letting you know mine still does so it is not any change of programming or how it works.

It should go 14 days out after up to 3 days maybe sooner.

After 12 days it won't move any further ahead. If you try to go any further it just gives you the "donk".
It has always been this way.
I know in the past I have always been told 2 weeks, but I wonder if the new receivers only allow a week.

Mine went to 7 days also , until yesterday when my Satellite and tv all cut off. The programs are slowly coming back though. Now it is up to Saturday lol.

After 12 days it won't move any further ahead. If you try to go any further it just gives you the "donk".
I know in the past I have always been told 2 weeks, but I wonder if the new receivers only allow a week.
HD units I only see go a week (my H23 does)
The DVR units can go 14 days....it may not fully be populated but I already have series shows populated for 2 weeks from yesterday

and what is this "donk" you speak of? You do know that can be turned off (best option ever...the option to turn that retarded thing off)

That "donk" can wake up the dead and set off car alarms if the box is hooked through a large sound system! "DONK!!!!" I have noticed the different guides depending on the box.

I know, I was just letting you know mine still does so it is not any change of programming or how it works.

How new ?
That would be a step BACKWARDS if you ask me.

Btw, why haven't you turned the DONK off ?

The OP jinxed my box. Damn thing rebooted today for no reason. Now I have a 24 hour guide on the R22 :(
tomorrow it will be back to 14 days :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts