Improper time shown in DVR program list

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ke4pym

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
NC
I was scrolling through some of my recorded shows recently and noticed that all of the shows recorded prior to DST are an hour off.

For example, if Bones was aired at say, 8pm, it shows up that it was recorded at 7pm prior to DST. All shows recorded after DST kicked in currently show the correct time.

I've got this issue on a number of shows recorded on both HR24's and live in the ET.

Maybe the recordings are all in universal time (greenwich mean time) so anything out of the DST will be wrong by an hour, and then when we're in Daylight Savings Time, the rest will be off by one hour.

so if I understand right you've got programs stored on the drive from say last October and its showing the wrong time recorded?
(This isnt an issue of the current programs right)

Iceberg-->That is correct. Anything prior to time change last October is off by one hour. All shows recorded after time change in October are currently showing the correct time recorded.

oh ok...

you know I'll have to try that in a couple weeks when the clocks get turned ahead and see what happens

Have you done the obvious and check the DST On/OFF selection ?

It's under Display in the System Menu's

Not to sound snarky, but the system time is correct and shows that are recorded now display the correct recorded time in the list. Wouldn't changing that make the time wrong?

Just checked it - the TZ and DST options are set to auto and DST is set to Yes.

Just asked is all ...
Looks like you have already checked.

I'm guessing you =ime on the unit (in the guide menu) IS correct ?

Without going thru the thread again, have tried a reset ?

If you've checked everything and still not correct, I would call D* and see what they have to say.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)