DirecTV Guide Logo Issues

Those logo_id's are kind of important to me, and no other provider uses such system for logos I don't think (and if any other provider did, I think it would create a huge mess because of channels carried on one provider that the other doesn't and thus their logo isn't there for that, and also having to update box softwares to use the system, which I think would be hard to do so they just make new box models with a version of D* box software on them, which would decrease competition!)
Fun fact: the TMSIDs for most national channels and network O&Oed local channels on the map are also the CCID/FeedID numbers used by stream.

Those logo_id's are kind of important to me, and no other provider uses such system for logos I don't think (and if any other provider did, I think it would create a huge mess because of channels carried on one provider that the other doesn't and thus their logo isn't there for that, and also having to update box softwares to use the system, which I think would be hard to do so they just make new box models with a version of D* box software on them, which would decrease competition!)
Fun fact: the TMSIDs for most national channels and network O&Oed local channels on the map are also the CCID/FeedID numbers used by stream.
Here is how I replied in a private message to the above post. I will repeat it here in this thread about logos:

Other providers most likely have their own database of logos, if they have logos at all. Their database keys (logo_IDs) will be unique to their database. The difference is that our team has figured out and exposed the logo database keys in the binary guide data coming from the satellite, and we have included that in the transponder maps. Dish does it differently, and no one is publishing details about the Dish Guide data anymore, other than what customers can see on their screens.

There is nothing magical or enduring about the DiIRECTV logo_IDs. they are simply indexes or keys to the current DirecTV logo database. If a logo is removed from the database, that key immediately becomes available to assign to a new logo.

What we call TMSIDs are also unique to DIRECTV. They are loosely based on the Times Mirror program IDs, with modification.

Last edited by a moderator: