Directv H20 receiver / Samsung TV question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Which device do you turn on first? Ie. Do you switch to HDMI on the TV then turn the D* receiver on or vice versa. It could be a handshake issue.

When I first got my HD receiver I used HDMI with my Samsung (the one in my sig.) Then one day it just stopped working.. it showed all distorted crap and various colors. Happened right in the middle of "Damages." I switched over to Component as a result.

Do you think its possible for me to parlay this into getting a HD DVR upgrade from D*?

When I first got my HD receiver I used HDMI with my Samsung (the one in my sig.) Then one day it just stopped working.. it showed all distorted crap and various colors. Happened right in the middle of "Damages." I switched over to Component as a result.

Do you think its possible for me to parlay this into getting a HD DVR upgrade from D*?
Same thing happened with the HR20 I had. I was able to get a replacement with no problem. Sounds like you want to get an upgrade to a DVR so you may have to do a little more talking, or maybe pay a little money. It's worth it though.

Same thing happened with the HR20 I had. I was able to get a replacement with no problem. Sounds like you want to get an upgrade to a DVR so you may have to do a little more talking, or maybe pay a little money. It's worth it though.
Well I can't throw down like $200+ for a HD Dvr (Which I think is COMPLETELY outrageous.. the idea that I'm paying $200 extra for essentially just a hard drive.) Do you think I could somehow haggle them down to $100, and if so how I would go about doing this? I really would like DVR capabilities but I'm just not in a position to throw down $250 to $300..

Just to repeat something posted earlier. Most Samsung TVs will not support 480i resolution over HDMI, it's in the "fine print" in the TV user manual. This means you need to go into the menu on the receiver and make sure 480i is UNchecked as a supported resolution. This usually solves the problem.

Directv H20 receiver/Samsung TV question

Just to repeat something posted earlier. Most Samsung TVs will not support 480i resolution over HDMI, it's in the "fine print" in the TV user manual. This means you need to go into the menu on the receiver and make sure 480i is UNchecked as a supported resolution. This usually solves the problem.

Ditto--see my earlier post (#17).

It solved my HDMI issues with my Sammy LCD (LNS-4095).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)