DirecTv H25 receiver hookup problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bucksandnoles

Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
FL
Can somebody please give me some advice on getting my H25 receiver connected? The receiver works fine in my home, with whole-home DVR service, but when I take it to my camp on occasional weekends, I keep getting either 771 or 771A error messages.

My connections are as such:
Slimeline dish (slimline printed on it) with Green SWiM, RG-6 cable to power inserter, RH-6 cable to H25 receiver, HDMI cable to HDTV.

Ive spent hours on phone with Directv support, and they want to set up a service call, but it a large remote piece of property without a physics address.

Can somebody please give me some advice on getting my H25 receiver connected? The receiver works fine in my home, with whole-home DVR service, but when I take it to my camp on occasional weekends, I keep getting either 771 or 771A error messages.

My connections are as such:
Slimeline dish (slimline printed on it) with Green SWiM, RG-6 cable to power inserter, RH-6 cable to H25 receiver, HDMI cable to HDTV.

Ive spent hours on phone with Directv support, and they want to set up a service call, but it a large remote piece of property without a physics address.

Did you run the satellite set up when you hooked the H25 up? Also,do you have another receiver/DVR you could take with you to insure that it's not the Dish? What are your satellite readings? One thing maybe you can try is to use a 2-way splitter,running the coaxial from the power pass out of the 2-way splitter to the power inserter & then terminating the IRD input of the power inserter,then running a second coaxial cable from the other out of the 2-way splitter to your H25. But most importantly,run the satellite set up & then if you still get error messages,post your satellite readings & someone here can tell you if you need to reposition your dish or not.

Thank you, yes, I've run the satellite set up. I have a strong signal at dish, and all zeros on signal strength meters on tv.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Bucksandnoles!

771A is the swm not working correctly. Check all of your connections and cables. Then disconnect everything. Connect the power inserter first and wait about a minute. Then boot up the H25. Make sure the correct dish type is selected. 771 is a misaligned dish, so if you still aren't getting a picture, double check your dish settings for elevation, skew, and azimuth. Also make sure the mast is plumb. That's very important! Then check your signal strength numbers. Post them for all of the satellites if you can.

Thank you, I'm headed back to camp on Fri and will try those steps. I'm using an inexpensive inline signal strength meter that came with the dish kit. Is there a meter that anyone would recommend for locating satellites/signal?

The signal strength meter in the H25 will suffice. The cheap ones don't work with Directv.

just purchased a slimline3lnb,had to get a swm lnb and PI,taking h25 reciever camping,which dish type do i need for configuration for the swm lnb

just purchased a slimline3lnb,had to get a swm lnb and PI,taking h25 reciever camping,which dish type do i need for configuration for the swm lnb

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

I'm not sure by your post, but have you already bought the dish and need to know what setting to use, or do you need to know what dish to buy?

h25 issue

have similar problem,bought slimlinesl3 lnb for rv,because of h25 reciever,boughtSWM LNB,and PI ,what dish setting do i use for h25 reciever with new setup

When you set up the dish, the receiver will self detect the swm lnb for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts