DirecTV HD box question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a Samsung 226BW LCD Monitor and I would like to know if I can use it as a TV monitor in my room with the HD box from directv, it can support both DVI and VGA/RGB.

What kind of receiver do you recommand? And do you think the audio setup will be fine?

For more info on the monitor: Newegg.com - Open Box: SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1(DC 3000:1)

Thanks in advance.

Don't know for sure but I would think a HDMI -> DVI cable would work for the video, you'd need to run the audio into some audio system. Here's a place you could get cables from, Video Cable - <b>HDMI/DVI</b>

As for the receiver, unless you go to a BestBuy/Circuit City and pick the model you want you'll end up with whatever the installer has on the truck for that family.

I have a Samsung 226BW LCD Monitor and I would like to know if I can use it as a TV monitor in my room with the HD box from directv, it can support both DVI and VGA/RGB.

What kind of receiver do you recommand? And do you think the audio setup will be fine?

For more info on the monitor: Newegg.com - Open Box: SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1(DC 3000:1)

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't say on the linked page, but I'm sure there is an audio input on the tv. Like the other posters said, use a dvi to hdmi cable or one with an adapter and separate audio cables and you will be good to go!

It doesn't say on the linked page, but I'm sure there is an audio input on the tv. Like the other posters said, use a dvi to hdmi cable or one with an adapter and separate audio cables and you will be good to go!

That is a computer monitor, so he'll need something for the sound. Certainly possible, but he'll either need to run it thru powered speakers or a reciever :)

That is a computer monitor, so he'll need something for the sound. Certainly possible, but he'll either need to run it thru powered speakers or a reciever :)

Yep, it can run audio through DVI but there is no stereo output.

Thx for the tips everyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)