Directv HDTV Dish question??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

autismknows

Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
East USA
I was wondering why Directv says they require the slimline dish with there 3 LNB when solid signal sells the phase III 18x20 and they say it can access the HD Programming. is there really a difference in the dish itself? or just another way for them to make a extra buck?

I was wondering why Directv says they require the slimline dish with there 3 LNB when solid signal sells the phase III 18x20 and they say it can access the HD Programming. is there really a difference in the dish itself? or just another way for them to make a extra buck?

In order to be "up-to-date" you MUST be able to receive the 99 and 103 sats. 101 of course too. I believe (but am not totally certain) that the phase three, with the older setup, will only have 110, 119 and 101.
D* will give you a slimline install free when you upgrade, so where is the extra buck? 2 yr. commit?:cool:

Solid signal's page is wrong (or more appropriately, it's out of date). The Phase III cannot receive the new HD channels There's only a few (like 4 or 5) up that the Phase III can get. They will be gone very soon.

They are designed to get different sats. The information on solid signal is out of date, and the slimline is the way to go for HD now. It is free, so like another poster, I am not sure where the extra buck comes in:confused:

i just wondered thats all. im old school when it comes to this stuff. i think im just going to save up and get a c-band system. its a much smarter deal. i only watch certain channels and with c-band i can only pay 15 bucks a month and get everything i need. i guess to each his own. i just can't belive that it cost 52.99 for a decent package to watch your tv. thats sad and makes me sick. thanks for your input.

i just wondered thats all. im old school when it comes to this stuff. i think im just going to save up and get a c-band system. its a much smarter deal. i only watch certain channels and with c-band i can only pay 15 bucks a month and get everything i need. i guess to each his own. i just can't belive that it cost 52.99 for a decent package to watch your tv. thats sad and makes me sick. thanks for your input.
Where are you going to find a working "C" band system free, and who is going to install it and support it with spare parts? Maybe you need to shop packages and providers to see if you can find a better price?:)

Well there is always free OTA. I cannot imagine going to a 3 meter C dish these days. But, as you admit, you're old school!IMHO, it doesn't get any more old school than that... :cool:

a c-band programmer charged my parents like 10 bucks a month when i was growing up for all the channels that dbs offers for 50 bucks now. what a total rip. complete joke. dbs is like the dell of computers. anyone intelligent will tell you, your getting ripped

a c-band programmer charged my parents like 10 bucks a month when i was growing up for all the channels that dbs offers for 50 bucks now. what a total rip. complete joke. dbs is like the dell of computers. anyone intelligent will tell you, your getting ripped
I guess I'm not intelligent then. Good luck with your C band dish.

We used to have the old C-band system also, for what you get with DBS now, it was more than $10. Unless you had the unscramble coades.......

Add to it the high cost of the equipment and having to re aim the dish if the channel you want to watch is on another sat (not to mention the size of that dish, and having to install it), and I can handle being thought of as unintelligent:)

Yeah, obviously everybody in the world knows a programmer who can hook them up with such a deal, and we all want a giant motorized dish on our property

:)

Also, Dell makes EXCELLENT computers, and you meant to say "dbs is like the dell of satellite"

Yeah, obviously everybody in the world knows a programmer who can hook them up with such a deal, and we all want a giant motorized dish on our property

:)

Also, Dell makes EXCELLENT computers

I will say, if you only want specific channels, and do not mind the reasons I listed above (plus others), that C-band is a valid option, and may save a person some money LONG TERM. However to get a comparable package, it is not $10 on C-band, again unless......

I will say, if you only want specific channels, and do not mind the reasons I listed above (plus others), that C-band is a valid option, and may save a person some money LONG TERM. However to get a comparable package, it is not $10 on C-band, again unless......

Agreed

Where are you going to find a working "C" band system free,

Bob folks are giving the stuff away. Once the snow melts here I have a 10 foot dish that I can get...I just have to move it ;)

Lots of working C-Band setups out there

You are paying 15 for that old crap on c-band. Come on you can hack a system and get it all for free. Come on your so smart just hook us all up.

Go away troll!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)