Directv Hosed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ESA1178

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Sacramento, CA USA
I recently discovered that DirecTv hosed me into another year of contract after I upgraded some equipment.
My question is this:

On Nov 1. Directv will be dropping some channels.
Now, to me that is a breach of contract, since when I signed up, they were part of my bundle.
Can I use this to be released from my contract without penalty?

Thanks!

Mark

nope...per the agreement

PROGRAMMING SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME

and we have a huge thread on the "will they get dropped on 11/1?"...we dont know for sure what will happen yet

I recently discovered that DirecTv hosed me into another year of contract after I upgraded some equipment.
My question is this:

Now, to me that is a breach of contract, since when I signed up, they were part of my bundle.

Thanks!

Mark

If it happens, simply call to complain and they will give you some sort of discount for your trouble.

ESA1178 said:
My question is this:

Thanks!

Mark

If you upgraded a recvr (to Hd ?) There is an automatic 2 year commitment attached ..... this has been common knowledge for many years now ....

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

My question is this:

How did Dtv "hose you" into another contract? When you add a reciver or get a replacement you sepak with not just the one rep but 2 reps that tell you about a contract. Did they hold a gun to your head? Come on now..

How did Dtv "hose you" into another contract? When you add a reciver or get a replacement you sepak with not just the one rep but 2 reps that tell you about a contract. Did they hold a gun to your head? Come on now..
Actually, I don't think a replacement recvr, as long as it's the same recvr, there is a new commitment.

Actually, I don't think a replacement recvr, as long as it's the same recvr, there is a new commitment.

If it replaces defective leased equipment then no, there is no additional commitment.

Equipment upgrades trigger an extension of two years for customer to agree to be committed with subscribing to DirecTV. If it is too much a problem, you may want to consider biting the bullet, paying the early termination fee, and moving on to a different provider that comes closer to meeting your standards. It may seem, at first, too much a financial sacrifice; but that fee will cover about a couple months' worth of one's subscriptions; and the rest of the two-year period is one DirecTV makes no more money from what you would pay in programming subscription.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts