DirecTV HR-DVR Code

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jnbarx

Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
Mentor OH
I have a new Yamaha RX-V363 receiver and the codes given to the DirecTV HD-DVR do not work to set up the Yama remote. Any updated DirecTV HR-DVR codes known out there? Thanks:)

Last edited:
I have a new Yamaha RX-V363 receiver and the codes given to the DirecTV HD-DVR do not work to set up the Yama remote. Any updated DirecTV HR-DVR codes known out there? Thanks:)

Which are you trying to do ?
Make the D* remote work the Yamaha or the other way around ?

The newest D* remote would have the most codes available, I think that's the RC 64 .

Jimbo

Codes..

Jimbo: Go Bucks Beat them 'Horns! Yes, it is the other way around. Want to set the Yama remote when I want to use the amp for better sound through the system. My wife doesn't give a hoot either way, but I like having the sound through the system.
Thanks, :up

Last edited:
Jimbo: Go Bucks Beat them 'Horns! Yes, it is the other way around. Want to set the Yama remote when I want to use the amp for better sound through the system. My wife doesn't give a hoot either way, but I like having the sound through the system.
Thanks, :up

Doubt that you will find codes to do that, although if it's the same remote I have for my Yamaha (and I haven't tried it) doesn't that remote "Learn" if so, you should be able to do it.

You should be able to set up your D* remote to handle the Yamaha functions, when you set it up use the AV1 or AV2 slide switch to set it up.
This will at least allow you to turn on and off as well as the volume, possibly others as well.

Jimbo

I just tried to set up my D* remote to work my Yamaha rec. and had NO luck either, but I have an older remote (less codes, had about 10)

You will have a tough time with the Yamaha amp and the DTV remote. While you may be able to turn the amp on you will not be able to turn it off. Yamaha uses two buttons for on/off not just one button. I know I finally gave up and just use both of the remotes, although i at least can control the volume on the amp with the DTV remote.

You will have a tough time with the Yamaha amp and the DTV remote. While you may be able to turn the amp on you will not be able to turn it off. Yamaha uses two buttons for on/off not just one button. I know I finally gave up and just use both of the remotes, although i at least can control the volume on the amp with the DTV remote.

IF I could control the volume that would be good.
is it rec. model specific, I went thru all the available codes and had no luck getting it to turn on, I didn't try the volume control while I went thru them.

I have the RX V 2500

Jimbo

As for the OP, the only oem remotes with preset code for the current line of directv receivers are only made by UEI, and if it were made by UEI, the code would be either 1377 or 01377.

To get the Directv remote to control the Yamaha volume, first there has to be a tv code progranmmed to the tv device the white remote, no tv code, no volume. Once there is a tv code and av1 or av2 is programmed with code 30176, to get the volume:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN

If you wish the Yamaha volume in ALL devices instead of just one:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

I found same thing that my remote will only control volume. NO power or other functions. I guess that's better than nothing.

As for the OP, the only oem remotes with preset code for the current line of directv receivers are only made by UEI, and if it were made by UEI, the code would be either 1377 or 01377.

To get the Directv remote to control the Yamaha volume, first there has to be a tv code progranmmed to the tv device the white remote, no tv code, no volume. Once there is a tv code and av1 or av2 is programmed with code 30176, to get the volume:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN

If you wish the Yamaha volume in ALL devices instead of just one:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

For some reason, (with the white remote) ANY slide position I have it in, it controls the volume for the TV only, so when I slide to AV1 location, it already still changed the TV volume .... I find that odd, but who knows.

Jimbo

even if you do the second part of the code?

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Now granted I don't have a super surround system but my LG LHT854 works fine for Volume through the LG on any mode and even controls the DVD player, only thing I need to use the LG remote for its to go from Optical to DVD mode. I use a RC64R

So as it now stands, I cannot code into the Yama remote any DirecTV HD-DVR codes to get the Yama to operate the DirecTV HR-DVR-right? I may be old, but this is new to me!!!

Right, either Directv and/or UEI aren't letting other oem remote manufacturers have the commands. Non-UEI made aftermarket universal remote makers have the commands, though. The commands have been around since 2004.

UEI stands for Universal Electronics Inc, the maker of the white Directv remotes. And many other oem remotes for other types of equipment. They also put out universal remotes under the name of One-For-All.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)