DIRECTV HR24-100 STILL ON LEGACY SOFTWARE

detuch254

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 7, 2021
New Jersey
Just thought I'd share an eBay listing of an HR24-100 still on the legacy SD layout. Good throwback for anyone, probably rare as well. Just thought of sharing it. The seller claimed they had the box in storage since 2011, so definitely still on that old software. If anyone is interested, it's only $65. FYI, not my listing. I was looking for receivers on eBay that were new and this popped up.

Reactions: c-spand and cat2024
Just thought I'd share an eBay listing of an HR24-100 still on the legacy SD layout. Good throwback for anyone, probably rare as well. Just thought of sharing it. The seller claimed they had the box in storage since 2011, so definitely still on that old software. If anyone is interested, it's only $65. FYI, not my listing. I was looking for receivers on eBay that were new and this popped up.

If anyone needs a Doorstop --It a Great buy --you haven't been able to Activate any Equipment on your D&TV Account Since 2015 --Only Equipment that can be activated are receivers that were removed from that owners account and then reactivated.

Reactions: c-spand
If anyone needs a Doorstop --It a Great buy --you haven't been able to Activate any Equipment on your D&TV Account Since 2015 --Only Equipment that can be activated are receivers that were removed from that owners account and then reactivated.
Eh, I have been able to buy receivers from eBay and activate them using online chat. Most folks on chat have no clue about this policy, they just go ahead and activate it as a new receiver. Same with the phone except you say that the receiver being activated is a NEW receiver with the access card. They will activate it manually rather than the tool.

Eh, I have been able to buy receivers from eBay and activate them using online chat. Most folks on chat have no clue about this policy, they just go ahead and activate it as a new receiver. Same with the phone except you say that the receiver being activated is a NEW receiver with the access card. They will activate it manually rather than the tool.
LOL

Reactions: raoul5788
and it actually works lol! A quick scroll thru that seller's profile also shows that they are selling an H24-100 on the SD layout as well, I can't resist this one! The card in it is likely completely unusable since it hasn't gotten any crucial card rebuild authorizations from DIRECTV for the past ten years. I have seen this with other receivers as well. For example, I bought an HR24 that had the old HD guide but with the old DIRECTV non-AT&T logo (so it was last used in 2014), and I saw that it just showed error 722 when I tried to activate it, showing that the card had missed crucial updates i guess.

and it actually works lol! A quick scroll thru that seller's profile also shows that they are selling an H24-100 on the SD layout as well, I can't resist this one! The card in it is likely completely unusable since it hasn't gotten any crucial card rebuild authorizations from DIRECTV for the past ten years. I have seen this with other receivers as well. For example, I bought an HR24 that had the old HD guide but with the old DIRECTV non-AT&T logo (so it was last used in 2014), and I saw that it just showed error 722 when I tried to activate it, showing that the card had missed crucial updates i guess.
You've mentioned twice now about being SD, both those recvrs are HD capable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts