DirecTV HR2x Mass Lockups overnight 10/6

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone's receiver that didn't reboot is now getting AMC HD, Fox News HD, WGN HD, Hallmark Movie Channel HD, IFC HD, Lifetime HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, QVC HD, Travel Channel HD :D

My HR20-100 has been recording shows that are unplayable. I go to the list, select my show, and get a blank screen. Annoying is a kind word for what we feel in my household.

I was so thankful I had recorded Scare Tactics on both boxes last week when I went to watch it in the bedroom and had that blank screen problem with an offering to delete. It worked fine in the living room. Different box, same time slot recording.

Anyone's receiver that didn't reboot is now getting AMC HD, Fox News HD, WGN HD, Hallmark Movie Channel HD, IFC HD, Lifetime HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, QVC HD, Travel Channel HD :D

you forgot about mojo. it won't be for long but at last we have mojo

Wow, I didn't see this thread until today. My HR21-700 was froze yesterday too. I unplugged the unit and then plugged it back in. It came up fine after that.

FYI: When unplugging an electronic device, you typically have to get it a few seconds for the capacitors to discharge before you plug it back in. 10 to 30 seconds generally work

I hadn't realized it was so wide spread.

I had to hard reboot mine 3 times Yesterday!!! Total unplug.. Man the Wife was hot!!! She missed some of her programing!!! i was able to show her this link and the Email I got from D!!! It sucks BUT hey it happens some times IF it happens more then we have a bigger right to bitch!!!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR HD DVR OR DVR RECEIVER

In our effort to improve and expand our service, we experienced a temporary technical glitch. If your HD DVR or DVR receiver is not responding to your remote control or front panel commands, you can resolve this issue by pressing the red "Reset" button located inside the small door on the front right corner of your receiver. Please allow about 15 minutes for your receiver to complete the resetting process. Once completed, your picture will return automatically. Unfortunately, any show you may have scheduled to record yesterday will not be available on your DVR.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Our promise is to provide you with the best television experience, and to resolve any issues that might arise as quickly as possible. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate in contacting us at 1-800-347-3288.

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR HD DVR OR DVR RECEIVER

In our effort to improve and expand our service, we experienced a temporary technical glitch. If your HD DVR or DVR receiver is not responding to your remote control or front panel commands, you can resolve this issue by pressing the red "Reset" button located inside the small door on the front right corner of your receiver. Please allow about 15 minutes for your receiver to complete the resetting process. Once completed, your picture will return automatically. Unfortunately, any show you may have scheduled to record yesterday will not be available on your DVR.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Our promise is to provide you with the best television experience, and to resolve any issues that might arise as quickly as possible. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate in contacting us at 1-800-347-3288.
Yet they still tell us nothing. They should be called "IndirecTv." :rolleyes:

Yet they still tell us nothing. They should be called "IndirecTv." :rolleyes:

Really ???
This type of thing has happened HOW often ?
All the years I have been with them, this is like the FIRST time they themselves were responsible for this type of thing.

Give them a break.

We all missed a show or two, so what, it's TV people, go out and play with your kids, cut the grass do something else.

90% of your shows being recorded are on again anyways, you can always use the search on D* and the Episodes guide to see when a show is on again if it's that important .....

Jimbo

After over 6 resets and a few unplugs my HR21 still is locked up. Guess I need a new unit. How could their reboot totally screw up a 3 month old HR21?

After over 6 resets and a few unplugs my HR21 still is locked up. Guess I need a new unit. How could their reboot totally screw up a 3 month old HR21?

IF you can reset it again and while it starts up with the screen saying your dvr is starting up press on your remote 0,2,4,6,8 and it will download the national release again. maybe the software was damaged with this glitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.