DirecTV HR2x Mass Lockups overnight 10/6

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What a crap answer from DirecTv. I lost every recording I made post 9/25/08. Are they going to be able to recover the indexes of the recordings that are missing?

On further investigation it looks like I've lost all of the recordings I made with CE software. It goes back further than 9/25

What a crap answer from DirecTv. I lost every recording I made post 9/25/08. Are they going to be able to recover the indexes of the recordings that are missing?

On further investigation it looks like I've lost all of the recordings I made with CE software. It goes back further than 9/25

If it was CE participation that caused you to lose recordings, I'd chalk it up to a risk as part of being in the program. I have missed the last couple of CEs, and I did not lose any recordings.

Either way, worse things have happened, most will forget about this by the weekend.

Mine are still doing it, I shut my bedroom hr20-700 off to go watch TV in the livingroom (after I rebooted it) and when I went to bed 4 hours later I had to reboot the bedroom DVR again. So I hope they get this sorted out tonight.

My R-22 was locked solid when I got home from work. I had to pull the plug in order to get it reset.

All time zones have been reset except Eastern. Instead of going first, it didn't.

They are going to reset all of the eastern time zone, but wanted to wait until after prime time.

Expect boxes in the Eastern time zone to be reset sometime this evening.

At that point, all boxes should have no more issue, provided the user has reset it once.

I had to unplugged mine yesterday morning, and again yesterday evening when I got home as it was locked up again.

This morning when I woke, I found that I could see nothing but a grey screen. I could power down the unit, and power the unit back on, but when the unit was on, the screen was entirely grey. When off, it did go off.

unplugged again this morning to fix grey screen... booting now....

after downloading guide data, it went back to the grey screen for about 5 seconds, and then finally showed programming.

Seems to be working now.

This was supposed to been corrected last night after I rebooted it, but had problems again this am.....

Went to Bed last night at around 10Pm EST and turned off my R22-100 and when I woke up this morning at around 5:20Am EST the receiver was on. Was this caused by the reset that DirecTV was going to do??

I have not checked yet to see if it is frozen or if my recording are messed up again.

Went to Bed last night at around 10Pm EST and turned off my R22-100 and when I woke up this morning at around 5:20Am EST the receiver was on. Was this caused by the reset that DirecTV was going to do??

I have not checked yet to see if it is frozen or if my recording are messed up again.

Should be, going by what jason posted

Correct. mine had turned on itself this morning. seems fine. the boxes must have not liked the new hd :D
Well that brings up a new problem. They arent showing up in my guide!!!! I guess I should add that to the problems list in the first post:D

After three resets....two by me earlier in the day and one by DirecTV just short of 7 PM local last night....things seem to have settled out. This morning my HR20 is running normally and the guide information is complete. I didn't lose any settings but I only have a few shows set up for recording and all shows previously recorded are available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts