DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They are here!

As expected, when he figured out there was no RVU, he removed that from the install. My order initially showed $6 charges. First one he's done, said he watched a 30 minute video recently :)

Ok, here are the pics, its a big boy. Nothing much to say yet, menus are very familiar to me, but it is a bit laggy IMO compared to the HR24. I'll keep in mind this is the first 24 hours, but coming from some channels when hitting the guide takes several seconds to move, and I know this is a known bug. Rest of the time it feels pretty zippy. Once while typing this, on CNN, the screen froze and there was nothing I could do other than Red Button Reset... :) I've owned an HR20 when it was released, and an HR24 when it was released, so issues dont shock me too much.

Front shot, with AM21N on top.
IMG_2387.jpg

SS Screen
IMG_2389.jpg

Recording 5 sat programs
IMG_2390.jpg

List of 5 recording
IMG_2391.jpg

Recording 3 sat and 2 OTA channels
IMG_2392.jpg

PIP
IMG_2394.jpg

2TB EHD
IMG_2396.jpg

The five tuners are nice, and I know many people are not crazy about PIP, but I like that feature

So does the HR34 just count as a regular receiver on my account? Basically if I replace one of my existing HR2x's with an HR34, I shouldn't see any increase for additional receivers/tuners?

So does the HR34 just count as a regular receiver on my account? Basically if I replace one of my existing HR2x's with an HR34, I shouldn't see any increase for additional receivers/tuners?

Correct.

Cost-wise - no, Tech-wise - yes. HR34 is listed as a HMC, which I think would mean it has 5-tuners

Elway, Whats on the Top shelf ?

The HR34 looks identical to the HR24's, you'd think they would want something to distinguish them apart.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)