DirecTV in Raleigh, NC?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chimp

Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
florida
Hello all, we're a group currently working in north Florida and been called up to go to Raleigh, NC due to excessive amount of work out there. I've got some couple questions before we go out there> What is the most of the work load as far as the sub types? most of the house types? new, old? apartments? rg59 equipped houses? overall is a good idea or what?

Thanks in advance.

Chimp.

Yeah.. an AFS :(

The Triangle has been Pulling 6-10 jobs per day per tech (in house and sub)

Lots of apartments, LOTS of new unwired homes... still under 5 tuner restriction with SWiM and Lots of NLOS areas. I would suggest that you get a pool of jobs and route yourselves as in house routers have no clue what they are doing and there are only 2 that handle 4 large markets oO There is a large variety of of old and new homes, trailers to apartments.. Make sure your GPS is up to date as the area is a "new growth" area and can get confusing to get around in. Areas you will probably be is Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Wake Forest and Fuquay. Avoid Capital Blvd from 7-9am and avoid 440 West from Knightdale to Cary during the same time.

The area is pretty good overall, but this area is hit hard with FREE FREE FREE on stuff so its hard to get people to pay for poles and wall fishes. Jobs are usually easy. Crabtree area is prob the worse for LOS.

If you dont want issues with the warehouse, bring "Robert" a box of jelly filled Donuts

You will get people mad becuase tehy switch from Time Warner and loose News14 which is a Time Warner channel. We use 18" and 3 LNB KaKu

Thanks for all the 'heads up', overall does not sound too bad. As long as we're busy out there doing installations, right? Sounds like we're going to have to bring a lot of cable. We were offered to go to New Bern first but then they've changed their minds, so we gonna have to stick with it I guess.

Thanks again,

Chimp

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)