Please reply by conversation.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Just got my directv install completed. Guy took some time to finish, but seemed thorough enough.

Surprisingly got the hr-44 instead of the 34. Two c-41 clients.

Still have the hoppers installed for the day, so I'll he happy to compare and contrast.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

We'll want some reviews especially since you got the hr44 & c41.

Interesting that you got an HR44. You aren't in a test market, so perhaps the national rollout has started earlier than expected.

I was as surprised as you, he said it was his first one. He also mentioned that he had installed his last "genie" this week. He was confused on the terminology, but this was his first 44.

Curious, is there a way to show what tuners are doing what?

I have no idea. I'll bet Iceberg would know.

I dont have any clients so I dont know. The only time I see the tuner screen is when I try and record more than 5 things at once ;)

Well, so far I am very pleased with the speed of the hr-44 itself. It seems to be, granted with very little time with it, as fast as the hopper I had (I had the first one). Again, I have had very little time with it, and the hard drive is empty, whereas both of my hoppers had fairly full drives. But, I'm pleased so far.

As to the clients, I would put responsiveness on par with my previous Hr series dvrs (model 20-23), which means that there is some lag, but it's tolerable. I will say that the joey was more responsive in that comparison.

I'll add more as I get more time.

Oh, the thing is dead quiet, and very space friendly (small)

Well, so far I am very pleased with the speed of the hr-44 itself. It seems to be, granted with very little time with it, as fast as the hopper I had (I had the first one). Again, I have had very little time with it, and the hard drive is empty, whereas both of my hoppers had fairly full drives. But, I'm pleased so far.

As to the clients, I would put responsiveness on par with my previous Hr series dvrs (model 20-23), which means that there is some lag, but it's tolerable. I will say that the joey was more responsive in that comparison.

I'll add more as I get more time.

Oh, the thing is dead quiet, and very space friendly (small)

The C41 responsiveness is kind of a shocker. The ones I played with at the warehouse were very quick. Not server fast but compared to the C31's they were a lot better

I'm not sure how the 31s were, it is certainly possible that the 41s are faster. Oddly enough, they do seem faster now than yesterday, but my description is based on today's usage, which to be fair, came after I played with the 44 for some time. It is possible that my perception was skewed based on that.

I'm not sure how the 31s were, it is certainly possible that the 41s are faster. Oddly enough, they do seem faster now than yesterday, but my description is based on today's usage, which to be fair, came after I played with the 44 for some time. It is possible that my perception was skewed based on that.

The 31's are like a full HDD on an R22. SLOW! But the 41's we're a lot faster. In curious how they act once you start putting that HDD on the 44 to use

Yeah, I'll be curious how it all works with more on the drive as well, and with more tuners and demand at one time.

For what it's worth, the installer (again, his first 44 install) said that the system was much more responsive than previous genie (or the genie as he said)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.