Six Minute Reboot

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
Read this over in the RV world. RV'ers used to be able to watch recorded shows or OTA (HR100 or AM21) in the event they were in the trees or otherwise had no signal. Now, because of a glitch or "feature", if the box has no sat signal it will reboot every six minutes. Some are installing inverters or UPS's to prevent the box from ever being powered down.

Any scoop on this?

Read this over in the RV world. RV'ers used to be able to watch recorded shows or OTA (HR100 or AM21) in the event they were in the trees or otherwise had no signal. Now, because of a glitch or "feature", if the box has no sat signal it will reboot every six minutes. Some are installing inverters or UPS's to prevent the box from ever being powered down.

Any scoop on this?

Theres been discussion about this happening (reboots) of late in other threads, sounded like it's a glitch, we hope.

As for the watching recordings without a Sat Signal, I haven't had any luck doing that in AGES. (could have happened when I changed to D* branded boxes, come to think about it.)

I have found that you have better luck trying it without a Sat signal IF you don't disconnect the Power to the recvr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts