DirecTV international dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lumpkin666

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
USA
How well do these perform for FTA? I've about tapped the market for primestar dishes, will these perform as well as a primestar for FTA? What's your experience with them for FTA use?

Aren't they about the same size? (No, I read Superdish was 36x20, but don't take my word)
Picture of World dish.
New smaller sized 36" x 24" DIRECTV satellite dish used to pick up DIRECTV WorldDIRECT international programming channel on 95W and 101W satellites. LNBFs included.
The 101 LNB would be circular, and the 95º west LNB would be linear.

I've been using primestar 75E's since they are the size used in our area, so I think the international dishes are about the same size. I wasn't sure about the quality/etc though, as the dtv dishes are probably cheaply stamped metal vs molded channelmaster dishes.

Hopefully the performance will be similar. I find the internationals less available around here, but I can find them on ebay for under $40 shipped once in awhile (which is cheaper than the $75 shipped for 30" cheapie dishes without an lnbf).

I got 3 international dishes in the mail this week (from one seller that only had 1 listed at a time). They were new in the box with all the parts (2 lnbs, mounting hardware, instructions, etc). Cost was under a hundred dollars shipped! If these things get anywhere near the performance of the 75E's that I have worked with, I won't buy another fortec dish for a long time!

The quality of these things is amazing. Everything is "heavy duty" and feels solid. I don't get the same feeling that it's going to bend/warp/collapse like I do with the fortec and 3abn dishes. I sure hope these work well, as it looks like they can be had pretty affordably with some shopping (and shipping even individual dishes should be within the 20 dollar range - they are light, and small due to the shape of the dish!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts