Directv issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
rdlink said:
As far as D* employees assisting in the future, they better understand that they screwed up royally, and the company's poor decision making has resulted in a heavier burden for them all. Theirs is not to whine about things. Theirs is to suck it up and rebuild credibility. If they can't stand the heat of working for the largest satellite provider in the world they need to go to work for a nice little non-profit, where working nights and weekends never happens, and 4 day outages are acceptable. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm sorry. Yes, it was all my fault, for I am a D* employee. Yes I designed the system, I wrote the coding, and I intentionally made the whole thing crash just so you would lose your services. I screwed up. Happy?

:rolleyes:

MI_SAT said:
A/K/A "Enough about you, let's talk about me." :D :haha

Wow! I hope you dont work for D* because you obviously have no idea how the retail enviroment works. In fact, it is about me. It is all about serving the individual customer and in this case D* failed and failed miserably.

Decision Made

OK, I think I've made my decision. I read the owner's manual to the DirecTIVO last night, and I've decided to stay with DISH, for the time being.

I weighed the things I would be gaining, basically name-based recording, and the ability to cache both tuners simultaneously, with the things I would be losing, caller ID on my set top box, the ability to jump forward 30 seconds, the mini-picture in my guide. the ability to hold more than 30 minutes in cache, etc.. I decided to see what happens over the next 8 months or so before jumping ship.

Given the assinine and infuriating "upgrade" that E* put on my 721s awhile back that causes me to have to confirm that I really do want to change the channel when I am viewing a time-delayed broadcast, (Charlie, I know that some people want that feature, but can I at least have the option of turning it off?) even the seemingly large disparity of features above made D* a viable alternative.

But the events of the last 5 days or so, along with the feature disparity above, the fact that I would have to spend another $100 on a multiswitch, and the absolutely moronic posts from D* representatives on this thread, have made me decide that the equipment is going back to Best Buy.

I'll revisit the whole situation in a few months. I just hope there's not too much fallout when I break the news to my niece that she's not getting a receiver in her bedroom right now. :no

rdlink said:
... with the things I would be losing, ..., the ability to jump forward 30 seconds...

Just an FYI, the 30 second jump feature is there, it's undocumented but eary to enable. While playing a recording presses select-play-select-3-0-select and it's enabled. It's stays that way until the box is rebooted.

Thanks

rad said:
Just an FYI, the 30 second jump feature is there, it's undocumented but eary to enable. While playing a recording presses select-play-select-3-0-select and it's enabled. It's stays that way until the box is rebooted.

Thanks, RAD, but what button performs the actual jumping once you've activated it? Also, since I've never used the DirecTIVO, I'm just a little confused on some of the terminology. When you say reboot, you're not referring to putting the machine in standby, are you? :confused:

rdlink said:
Thanks, RAD, but what button performs the actual jumping once you've activated it? Also, since I've never used the DirecTIVO, I'm just a little confused on some of the terminology. When you say reboot, you're not referring to putting the machine in standby, are you? :confused:

The button is the skip forward button, it's on the right side just above the input button. No, putting the box in standby (which I don't think anyone really does) does not wipe the change out. I'm taking about a complete reboot, either because you told it to or Tivo told the box to due to a software upgrade.

rad said:
The button is the skip forward button, it's on the right side just above the input button. No, putting the box in standby (which I don't think anyone really does) does not wipe the change out. I'm taking about a complete reboot, either because you told it to or Tivo told the box to due to a software upgrade.

OK, your helpful answers are causing me to be more of a pest. :eek:

The skip forward button to which you refer, is it the normal Fast Forward button? If so, I'm assuming that enabling the 30 second jump takes fast forward away?

rdlink said:
OK, your helpful answers are causing me to be more of a pest. :eek:

The skip forward button to which you refer, is it the normal Fast Forward button? If so, I'm assuming that enabling the 30 second jump takes fast forward away?
No the fast forward button still is there and works, this replaces the button that did a skip to the end of the program.

Okay, I'm getting a bit peeved about this. I get my replacement access card for my R10, and while the tech is trying to activate it I get told that he has to fill out a manual add because his system is down again!!!! This has been since Thursday now. He said their IT dept has to do it. I'm sorry, but I can't have my Samsung down (what the R10 is replacing) not recording anything waiting for their IT dept to figure out why my brand new access card can't be activated either on my new R10.

I have waited since Thursday morning now to get this damn thing activated.

Neutron said:
Okay, I'm getting a bit peeved about this. I get my replacement access card for my R10, and while the tech is trying to activate it I get told that he has to fill out a manual add because his system is down again!!!! This has been since Thursday now. He said their IT dept has to do it. I'm sorry, but I can't have my Samsung down (what the R10 is replacing) not recording anything waiting for their IT dept to figure out why my brand new access card can't be activated either on my new R10.

I have waited since Thursday morning now to get this damn thing activated.

Thanks for the info, Neutron. Final straw. E* stays. D* equipment goes back to Best Buy. I'm just glad I didn't close the gate before I found out that the grass was actually greener in my yard. :)

This really isn't like D* to have these issues. Robert from VE has been helping me out since he sold me my R10 receiver. Even he can't believe what's going on.

Thank you Robert! Hopefully by Thursday I'll be up and running.

I have been calling directv and the phone keeps ringing and ringing and ringing, for 20 minutes now, no one has answered------Come on this is nuts, I am trying to give them money and they dont want it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)