Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Hi guys, anyone use one yet ?
I just got one and it works great from what I can tell setting up in the back yard.
It does only SD, but thats OK in the RV with the 32" TV, doesn't look bad at all.
With it being SD only, it sees the 101 Sat, set it up changed the current HR24 back from SWM to Non SWM, which went well, thanks Hutch and Claude ...

So I got everything set up and Sat stuff is working, went to check my Locals and they were a no go ....
didn't show up (thru Sat) Got to thinking and remembered that they were on the 99 Sat in HD and thought they were still on the 101 (Toledo, Ohio also gonna want Harlingen, Texas .... as far as I can tell, the Toledo stations are no longer on the 101 ... please confirm this for me guys, I'm hoping I did wrong and they are ... but I doubt it.
As for the Harlingen stations, which are actually More Important, think are on ther 119 still.

I have read that there is a way to get the 119 as well on this unit, but don't remember what I need to do it and does it find channel automatically when changing from the 101 to the 119 ?

I need the 119 so I can record OTA channels, but won't have an OTA when in Texas this time.

Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: Hutch1814
Toledo is an MPEG-4 only DMA and all locals are on 99s.
Harlingen SD locals are on 119.
The dish will only receive 101 unless you use the addon universal controller UC1000

Toledo is an MPEG-4 only DMA and all locals are on 99s.
Harlingen SD locals are on 119.
The dish will only receive 101 unless you use the addon universal controller UC1000
Thanks Tex ...
Now I need to figure out what this UC1000 is and how it hooks up .... at least I have time.
Looks like the Toledo is now out of the question.

Ok, so I found the UC1000, best price I found from someone I know is $90 thru amazon, seeing it will help the site, I'll order from them. :D

I thought you set the dish to 18x24 in the setup menu?

I think you only need that controller if you want to use it with dish
The book said 18" I believe.
Your thinking I can get the 119 Sat without the UC-1000 controller ?
Can we verify that soon, I just ordered it tonight, would rather not spend the extra $100 if not needed.

I can go in and set the dish for 18x24 if needed.

The book said 18" I believe.
Your thinking I can get the 119 Sat without the UC-1000 controller ?
Can we verify that soon, I just ordered it tonight, would rather not spend the extra $100 if not needed.

I can go in and set the dish for 18x24 if needed.

You should be able to "ghost" the 119. We are forced to do this sometimes until we can get the correct LNB if it's coming from a long way away. I'd set the receiver up to see an 18X20 and see what it does

It says on the web site you need the UC-1000. But what do I know....

You should be able to "ghost" the 119. We are forced to do this sometimes until we can get the correct LNB if it's coming from a long way away. I'd set the receiver up to see an 18X20 and see what it does
What is currently on the 119 that I could get from the Toledo DMA ?
This is the only way I can think of testing it when I get the controller module next week.

For some reason, this unit seems to run Hot ... at least hotter than expected.
I don't know if that normal or not ...
You wouldn't want to leave your hand on it too long.

Name me a channel that comes off the 119 Sat, so I'll know if I'm actually seeing the 119. (gonna be awhile before I'm actually gonna need it, but wanted to get things ready ahead of time.)
Has to be something that I won't be seeing from any other Sat.
This dish will pick up only the 101 and 119 when I'm done.

try some of the music channels:
pump
Piano
Irish
They are on 119.

Ok, I got the Controller unit for the dish to get the 119 Sat. Hooked it up left it at 101 and made sure it was working and it was.
I put the new controlled in place, programmed it for the 119, recvr didn't see the 119. Rebooted .... finally got it to see the 119, went to look at tv and it was not getting a picture at all, had a ext 771, put it back on 101 and all worked.
when I did get the controller to say it was on the 101 and 119, I finally got signal on the 119 meter, originally after I changed over it wouldn't see the 119.
So I got signal on the 119 and couldn't get picture on any Sat.
Never did get the channels in the 800, I think it was 861 to show up.

Decided, unless I've missed something, I'll send this unit back or sell, to someone who can use it.

Last edited:
I'm sure you've missed something, check with the manufacturer for setup info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)