Directv King Quest

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are several references on the kingquest web site to the use of the UC-1000 to get 119.
For example, in the QandA:

Does this pick up satellite 101 and119
1 answer(s)

by Vicki July 02, 2015

Out of the box this satellite antenna only picks up satellite 101°
Installation of King's UC1000 controller will add access to satellite 119°

and

Will this pick up Satelite 119?
1 answer(s)

by Anonymous May 12, 2015

No, this antenna requires the UC1000 controller to lock on satellite 119°. Without the optional controller, the antenna can only locate satellite 101°.

There are several references on the kingquest web site to the use of the UC-1000 to get 119.

1 answer(s)

by Vicki July 02, 2015

and

1 answer(s)

No, this antenna requires the UC1000 controller to lock on satellite 119°. Without the optional controller, the antenna can only locate satellite 101°.
Ok, I am Presuming with the UC1000 the dish will get both 101 and 119, now I'm wondering if it sees one or the other ... seeing when I had the box programmed for both I could not get any thing on the TV.

Channel 861 is suppose to be on the 119 and that did not come in either when it was on the 119.

I went thru the programming of the UC1000, there are 4 leds on the unit, when the 2 to the left are lit up, your on the 101 and the 119. that is how I had it set up, I then went into the recvr and set it for 18x24 I think that was the 2nd option down, also made sure that all the SD channels showed in the guide.

I just went through the programming manual for the UC1000. You should get 101 and 119. Just like the Dish and Bell settings can be used for multisatellite.
What receiver are you using?

Are you running it in single tuner mode, at least for now. If that works, you will need to connect the second tuner as per the diagram for a "second receiver".

Are you running it in single tuner mode, at least for now. If that works, you will need to connect the second tuner as per the diagram for a "second receiver".
I actually was running it in dual tuner mode and had a coax from each side of the dish, into input 1 and 2 on the back of the HR24 ...
Do you think it would make a difference ?

Iirc, theres not a setting for second recvr or dual tuner, just to connect coax to other post for 2nd recvr.

I have never been successful setting the King Dome for DTV to lock on 101 & 119 for the Tucson Locals in this area for my customers at the RV Parks

Just try to run the primary line to your HR24 and setup the satellite configuration as a single tuner non-swm and then you could try 18x24

Tomorrow I will have to setup a brand new King Dome same model like yours on the roof of an RV to replace an old crank up Winegard for a customer from Tucson,but he did not bought the UC1000 controler

I do not remember if he is using an HR24 or H24 but is just the same receiver without the Hard Drive

Last time I saw him was back in April and this past Friday he setup and appointment for Monday morning

I will try to get back to this thread tomorrow or day after tomorrow with my findings

Last edited:

1 answer(s)

by Vicki July 02, 2015

and

1 answer(s)

Yes,that is correct but for Dish service not for DTV

Also the answer is not very clear for which provider by Anonymous

Next time when I get to play with a UC1000 controller I will try to check for the commands to the receiver if they are DiSEqC or 22Khz

I have never been successful setting the King Dome for DTV to lock on 101 & 119 for the Tucson Locals in this area for my customers at the RV Parks

Just try to run the primary line to your HR24 and setup the satellite configuration as a single tuner non-swm and then you could try 18x24

Tomorrow I will have to setup a brand new King Dome same model like yours on the roof of an RV to replace an old crank up Winegard for a customer from Tucson,but he did not bought the UC1000 controler

I do not remember if he is using an HR24 or H24 but is just the same receiver without the Hard Drive

Last time I saw him was back in April and this past Friday he setup and appointment for Monday morning

I will try to get back to this thread tomorrow or day after tomorrow with my findings
This is the King Quest, I have never played with the other ones, came real close to buying an RV with one already on it, but that fell thru.

I had it working fine with both tuners for the 101 only, using the power insertor that it comes with ... remember the UC-1000 is a add on for the 119 Sat.

Currently, I have the UC-1000 out of the set up and back to using what came with it.
Only difference is I have to use my own OTA antenna, typically I will call D* and move to the city I am staying in, if I can't get this new set up to work with the 119, I'll go back to the OTA set up.

I use to use the Slimeline dish but have decided to let the King Quest do the set up now.
Much less to deal with and save a lot of storage space.

Next time when I get to play with a UC1000 controller I will try to check for the commands to the receiver if they are DiSEqC or 22Khz
The instructions for the 119 for D* says to to set it up so that the 2 leds on the left of the 4 are lit up using the Scan button ... I did that part .
The book tells you to then go to the 18x24 set up, so I went back in to the Repeat Sat Set Up and changed it to that setting (second on I think) and thats when I go nothing as far as Sat Signal goes.

No, those are for DirecTV. The setup instructions are actually very clear.
Read this http://kingconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/21971-Rev-B-UC1000-Manual-compressed.pdf particularly the satellite service chart.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
I actually was running it in dual tuner mode and had a coax from each side of the dish, into input 1 and 2 on the back of the HR24 ...
Do you think it would make a difference ?

Iirc, theres not a setting for second recvr or dual tuner, just to connect coax to other post for 2nd recvr.
It shouldn';t but I would simplify by trying single tuner first.

BTW I was wrong about the UC1000,my apologies for the mistake

The manual states that work for D******* for 101 and 119

The UC1000 controller replaces the power injector

Caution

Do not use with the power injector

If power injector is present,remove from the system before adding the controler

My customer brought a D12 receiver this time and the antenna lock on 101 right away

BTW I was wrong about the UC1000,my apologies for the mistake

The manual states that work for D******* for 101 and 119

The UC1000 controller replaces the power injector

Caution

Do not use with the power injector

If power injector is present,remove from the system before adding the controler

My customer brought a D12 receiver this time and the antenna lock on 101 right away

I was able to get the 101 very quickly, actually much faster than the recvr starting up.
Look at the one your putting in and check your Signal Strengths, I find that most are very avg. anywhere from 68 to mid 90's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)