DirecTv Launches new satelite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
rexoverbey said:
I would like to see the numbers on that. There has to be more people with HD STBs w/ D* than with Voom.
It's not the absolute number that matter but the percentage. Last I remember, D* HD subscribers wer less than 5% of the total. So from a busisness perpestive, the question is: would D* use the xtra bandwith to target 100% of their customers or only 5% (or 7-8% assuming they can attract new customers)?

IIRC, DirecTV recently reported their HDTV customers in the 220,000-250,000 range. That's less than 5% of their customer base, but far more customers than VOOM has.

DirecTV first began shipping HD STBs in fall 2001 (should say 1999), so they've been around for a long time.

Mr Biggles,

Oops, typo. That previous post should say 1999, not 2001. Has it really been five years already?

DirecTV officially launched HBO HDTV on August 1, 1999. The DTC100 became widely available in late October and November. I had it well before then, as some will recall, but I was in the minority.

Like I said before show me the goods and I will show you my $$$ and do not entice me with empty promises. I'm tired of empty promises and playing the waiting game. I want HD and I want HD now. When you have it and have it better than what I currently have, I'll be there. In the meantime, I'll keep watching my 30+ HD channels (not including OTA HD channels).

We can leave someday posts for the other forums. The mine is bigger (after they invent a pill) argument falls rather...short. Yes, we are envious of DVRs, yes having East/West coast feeds makes it more livable in the mean time. We could take bets on which comes first, more DirecTV content in HD or a Voom PVR, but Voom will already have the content.

Personally I'm pretty provider agnostic (except with regards to Dish & the 5000 burn and the 921 travesty).

Let's save the trolling for other, less reputable forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)