Directv Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

12trojan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I Live in North Georgia and receive Chattanooga locals from Dish Network and I am thinking of switching to Directv because Dish refuses to offer ABC in HD. When looking on Directv"s site they show Atlanta and Chattanooga locals for my zip code which is 30736. The Atlanta locals have (virt) listed beside them. Does anyone know what this means? Do I get both locals if I switch to Directv? Thanks for any insight.

Neighboring Local Channels

How does neighboring local channels work with Directv? I live in North Georgia and I'm forced to get locals from Chatanooga instead of Atlanta with Dish notwork. If I call Directv and tell them that I will switch to them from Dish if they will offer neighboring locals for me is there any chance that they will do that for me?

They are forced to give you local channels by your zip code as is Dish. I have been trying to get Baltimore channels for years but have to get DC because of 21703.

Directv does have some leniency as they can offer neighboring DMA's in some situations. Dish cant offer ANY local outside of your designated area

neighboring Locals

What will determine if I can get neighboring locals from Atlanta since I live in North Georgia. Would I have a chance if I tell Directv that I will switch to them if they can offer me both?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)