DirecTv loss of programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
M

mrfredted

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 7, 2009
costa rica
Hi All...I really could use some of your wisdom:confused:I have a client who loses her programming daily at around 5:30 pm. The next morning, it's back, working fine. I would sure appreciate any info you can pass on to me asap. I'll be seeing her tomorrow y would like to have something I can tell her by then.
Thanks in advance:eek:

Fredted

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Hi All...I really could use some of your wisdom:confused:I have a client who loses her programming daily at around 5:30 pm. The next morning, it's back, working fine. I would sure appreciate any info you can pass on to me asap. I'll be seeing her tomorrow y would like to have something I can tell her by then.
Thanks in advance:eek:

Fredted

"a client"?

Shouldn't she be DirecTV's client? Maybe she should call them and ask.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
You get D* signal in Costa Rica ?

Check the LNB, probably going bad, but thats just a guess seeing we know nothing about the set up, recvrs, dish, ect.

sddtvtech

sddtvtech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 17, 2009
in a van down by the river
either that or dish needs repeaked. ive had a customer with losing programming after a certain time, turned out the cabling was needing a new fitting, conductors do shrink in cold weather and low signal from the dish dithering.

so its, id say, one of those two.

but if youre in warm weather, could be a multiples of things, is there a switch, LNB.

M

mrfredted

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 7, 2009
costa rica
Thanks Jimbo y SDDTV I really do appreciate your help ....any other ideas in warm climes? Will try any y all suggestions.

Mrfredted

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Thanks Jimbo y SDDTV I really do appreciate your help ....any other ideas in warm climes? Will try any y all suggestions.

Mrfredted

What are the signal strength's ?
What recvrs, and Dish and possible multiswitch is being used ?

F

flatlander_44

Feb 9, 2010
hanover,pa
I have hears of situations where someone has removed the cable from a receiver not being used and did not plug the cable. The signal loss from the unplugged cable caused the HD programming to deteriorate quickly. Just an idea

Status
Please reply by conversation.