Dish to add 8 more HD on 2/10 when will we get more?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
D

dembinskij

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 24, 2008
Grove, OK (Tulsa, OK DMA)
I see where Dish is going to addHallmark, Showtime West, TruTV, Fox Soccer, Retro, Indie, BBC America, E!, and Sportsman in HD on 2/10. Any ideas when we might get more? It seems like we are the followers in HD now. Hope that changes soon.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
There could be some tomorrow on DIRECTV too...

Thats what I am hearing... MSNBC was one that I heard mentioned as it will be doing a lot of olympic stuff in HD...

But I only heard this from one source so I am hoping this info is good. :) But until you see it, then its just a rumor. :D

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I see where Dish is going to addHallmark, Showtime West, TruTV, Fox Soccer, Retro, Indie, BBC America, E!, and Sportsman in HD on 2/10. Any ideas when we might get more? It seems like we are the followers in HD now. Hope that changes soon.

Only one channel that I would watch and I don't watch it much as it it .... Tru Tv, if it's not a channel I'm interested in, it does me know good to have it.

I could care less about the NUMBER on HD channels as long as they are quality and once that I would watch.

700 HD channels don't do you any good if you don't watch any of them.

Quality over quantity.

raoul5788

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Only one channel that I would watch and I don't watch it much as it it .... Tru Tv, if it's not a channel I'm interested in, it does me know good to have it.

I could care less about the NUMBER on HD channels as long as they are quality and once that I would watch.

Quality over quantity.

True Jimbo. Of course, one man's quality is another man's junk!

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
there are a few i still want so BRING IT!!!!!!

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
They can add a few since the NFL season is done and D12 appears to be in good condition so far.

MSNBC would be a nice addition before olympics, there's quite a bit of hockey on there - not that Directv cares about hockey fans :(

rad

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
But do they count their chickens before their hatched (D12) or play it safe and wait until D12 is actually parked at 103 and working? I thought we might have seen MSNBC HD for the Olympics, but since it looks like that's not happening guess it looks like they're playing it safe:(

gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
But do they count their chickens before their hatched (D12) or play it safe and wait until D12 is actually parked at 103 and working? I thought we might have seen MSNBC HD for the Olympics, but since it looks like that's not happening guess it looks like they're playing it safe:(

Yeah, it does not look like we'll see anything this week.

Bob Nielsen

Bob Nielsen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 22, 2006
Bainbridge Island, WA
D12 is getting awfully close to being parked at the 76 deg. testing location and once it lights up the likelihood of success should become known quite soon. That might be enough to allow a few more channels being added to D10 and/or D11.

I recall seeing something about ESPNU showing up early this year, but that may have changed.

D

dc_red

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 27, 2007

Quality over quantity.

True that.

Gimme FSC in HD and forget the rest

TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 1, 2004
There could be some tomorrow on DIRECTV too...

Thats what I am hearing... MSNBC was one that I heard mentioned as it will be doing a lot of olympic stuff in HD...

But I only heard this from one source so I am hoping this info is good. :) But until you see it, then its just a rumor. :D
Heard that D* refused the MSNBC HD offer.

iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
They can add a few since the NFL season is done and D12 appears to be in good condition so far.

MSNBC would be a nice addition before olympics, there's quite a bit of hockey on there - not that Directv cares about hockey fans :(

this is where having cable is nice too. i have msnbc in hd, versus hd and wgn america....looking forward to the cubs new season!

iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
Is it due for a Mar or Apr fireup?

actually testing is suppose to begin next monday or tuesday. and it sounds like they got it parked sooner than expected. so i'm banking on april, maybe even late march.

T

TDK1044

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jun 23, 2008
DirecTV and DISH are like Ati and Nvidia. They offer pretty much the same end result with different bells and whistles. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.