Dish to add 8 more HD on 2/10 when will we get more?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dembinskij

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Grove, OK (Tulsa, OK DMA)
I see where Dish is going to addHallmark, Showtime West, TruTV, Fox Soccer, Retro, Indie, BBC America, E!, and Sportsman in HD on 2/10. Any ideas when we might get more? It seems like we are the followers in HD now. Hope that changes soon.

There could be some tomorrow on DIRECTV too...

Thats what I am hearing... MSNBC was one that I heard mentioned as it will be doing a lot of olympic stuff in HD...

But I only heard this from one source so I am hoping this info is good. :) But until you see it, then its just a rumor. :D

I see where Dish is going to addHallmark, Showtime West, TruTV, Fox Soccer, Retro, Indie, BBC America, E!, and Sportsman in HD on 2/10. Any ideas when we might get more? It seems like we are the followers in HD now. Hope that changes soon.

Only one channel that I would watch and I don't watch it much as it it .... Tru Tv, if it's not a channel I'm interested in, it does me know good to have it.

I could care less about the NUMBER on HD channels as long as they are quality and once that I would watch.

700 HD channels don't do you any good if you don't watch any of them.

Quality over quantity.

Only one channel that I would watch and I don't watch it much as it it .... Tru Tv, if it's not a channel I'm interested in, it does me know good to have it.

I could care less about the NUMBER on HD channels as long as they are quality and once that I would watch.

Quality over quantity.

True Jimbo. Of course, one man's quality is another man's junk!

They can add a few since the NFL season is done and D12 appears to be in good condition so far.

MSNBC would be a nice addition before olympics, there's quite a bit of hockey on there - not that Directv cares about hockey fans :(

But do they count their chickens before their hatched (D12) or play it safe and wait until D12 is actually parked at 103 and working? I thought we might have seen MSNBC HD for the Olympics, but since it looks like that's not happening guess it looks like they're playing it safe:(

But do they count their chickens before their hatched (D12) or play it safe and wait until D12 is actually parked at 103 and working? I thought we might have seen MSNBC HD for the Olympics, but since it looks like that's not happening guess it looks like they're playing it safe:(

Yeah, it does not look like we'll see anything this week.

D12 is getting awfully close to being parked at the 76 deg. testing location and once it lights up the likelihood of success should become known quite soon. That might be enough to allow a few more channels being added to D10 and/or D11.

I recall seeing something about ESPNU showing up early this year, but that may have changed.

Quality over quantity.

True that.

Gimme FSC in HD and forget the rest

There could be some tomorrow on DIRECTV too...

Thats what I am hearing... MSNBC was one that I heard mentioned as it will be doing a lot of olympic stuff in HD...

But I only heard this from one source so I am hoping this info is good. :) But until you see it, then its just a rumor. :D
Heard that D* refused the MSNBC HD offer.

They can add a few since the NFL season is done and D12 appears to be in good condition so far.

MSNBC would be a nice addition before olympics, there's quite a bit of hockey on there - not that Directv cares about hockey fans :(

this is where having cable is nice too. i have msnbc in hd, versus hd and wgn america....looking forward to the cubs new season!

DirecTV and DISH are like Ati and Nvidia. They offer pretty much the same end result with different bells and whistles. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts