Dish to add 8 more HD on 2/10 when will we get more?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What concerns me most is D has changed leadership since the time of it's big HD additions that came with D10. I really see nothing recently to indicate they are inclined to lead in HD besides false claims that they already do so. Unless I see something concrete from them soon, I'm very seriously considering dropping them. If it weren't for their monopoly on Sunday Ticket I'd have done it already.

What's the cheapest way to get Sunday Ticket with minimal programming?

What concerns me most is D has changed leadership since the time of it's big HD additions that came with D10. I really see nothing recently to indicate they are inclined to lead in HD besides false claims that they already do so. Unless I see something concrete from them soon, I'm very seriously considering dropping them. If it weren't for their monopoly on Sunday Ticket I'd have done it already.

What's the cheapest way to get Sunday Ticket with minimal programming?

I wouldn't be too certain that there won't be quite a bit more national hd from D12. D11 was used to increase the local hd offerings, and some national hd. Also, they added all of the mpeg2 channels in mpeg4. Stick around for another two or three months, I'll bet you will be pleased. That's my plan, anyway.

I plan on sticking around myself. Very few channels that I dont have that I would actually watch. Granted, I wouldnt be happy if they added more, but right now, I see nothing added that would make me want to jump ship and deal with the confusion that is Charlie full time. lol

That, and Im simply satisfied with my service.

You guys need to keep in mind that D12 is soon to begin testing and many HD channels are just around the horizon.

I wouldn't be too certain that there won't be quite a bit more national hd from D12. D11 was used to increase the local hd offerings, and some national hd. Also, they added all of the mpeg2 channels in mpeg4. Stick around for another two or three months, I'll bet you will be pleased. That's my plan, anyway.
That's my plan. I'm giving them until the end of June or so. I hope they come through.

i'm giving them a shot with D12. if they don't deliver then next year i might reconsider E*. might........... but so far i'm happier with D* than i was with E*

i'm giving them a shot with D12. if they don't deliver then next year i might reconsider E*. might........... but so far i'm happier with D* than i was with E*

No YES network=no Dish for me! Go Yanks!:D

No YES network=no Dish for me! Go Yanks!:D
No IE means no Dish for me either.

This should be Direct's next commercial.

You know the Dish commercials that basically say, "Why pay more for the same TV" and they make a point to say that Dish and Direct are the SAME except for price. DirecTV should come out and say why they are NOT the same by giving examples of all of the other choices they have that Dish does not (i.e. YES, IE, ST, ex)

I don't think the 3D thing will be a big deal for a few years, we're talking 3 channels and on-demand stuff to start. Hey, they could even use that extra bandwith on 119 or something for that if they want. I don't envision it taking 'that' much more bandwith than a typical HD channel, what, double, triple, something like that? Negligible until they really start going after 3D, which will be at least a couple years. I consider this 'bleeding edge' for a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts