DirecTV Loyalty Progam

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"Generous" DirecTV

:mad::mad::mad: Well, DirecTV just showed me how generous they can be!!!!

I've been with them since January 1996. I have 7 receivers which include 2 HD DVR's, 3 SD DVR's , and 2 SD receivers. Of the DVR's, only one HD and one SD have both receivers connected because DirecTV would not connect a larger multi switch. I don't subscribe to any of the movie channels since quite frankly, we just don't watch a lot of movies.

Last week I received a "Thank You" card in the mail to thank me for my loyal support. For my 13 years of "loyal" service they gave me three months of Showtime. A $36.00 gift for spending over $100.00 per month for service. They never emailed me about my gift even though they have my email address and they send crap to me every month anyway. I come to find out that Showtime had been turned on for 3 1/2 weeks of my three months before they even notified me.

Needless to say I was quite upset about the cheap thank you gift concidering the other post on this thread of people with 4 and 5 years service getting the same or better gifts.

On the card they asked for comments so I emailed them back and expressed how dissapoited I was. I told them that it was a useless gift since I didn't watch or care to watch Showtime. Being as generous as they are, DirecTV responded to my email and basically said that they didn't care that I was disapointed and that they don't change or add to the gifts. Then on top of that, they went on to tell me that since I don't watch Showtime, they turned my gift off. So, for 13 years, I got nothing.

I really never thought that I would say this, but I hope that Dish or Comcast gets their acts together and adds HD channels to rival DirecTV. When they do, and my contract is up, I will most likely change services. Why should I stay loyal to a company who could care less what their long time customers think. All they care to do is sign up as many new subscribers as they can. Loyalty, if you want loyalty, you need to show some loyalty. I guess DirecTV never got that

Yeah...the economy is tough...I asked what my gift was after being with them 10 years and seeing a message that stated "we hope you are enjoying your anniversary gift" but not receiving any message about it, etc. Anyway, long story short...I got an email back that I was given a $5 credit on the Feb. bill. :hungry: Oh well......I guess i ought to be happy since they don't have to do anything for us....but I sure feel "slighted" after seeing what some of y'all got:D. I probably will drop them at the end of the year if the economy continues to take a nose-dive. I'll use the extra money for other "more needed" budget areas. But boy I'll miss watching "24" in HD.

Yeah...the economy is tough...I asked what my gift was after being with them 10 years and seeing a message that stated "we hope you are enjoying your anniversary gift" but not receiving any message about it, etc. Anyway, long story short...I got an email back that I was given a $5 credit on the Feb. bill. :hungry: Oh well......I guess i ought to be happy since they don't have to do anything for us....but I sure feel "slighted" after seeing what some of y'all got:D. I probably will drop them at the end of the year if the economy continues to take a nose-dive. I'll use the extra money for other "more needed" budget areas. But boy I'll miss watching "24" in HD.

It may be $5 off for X months, like 6 months. The rep may have just saw the credit for Feb and not realized it. Did you try the site:

DIRECTV Loyalty Program

Maiisoh,

In theory, they don't have to do anything for you .....
If it had not been for this site or a few others, you would never known about it and would not be pissed about it in the first place.

It does seem odd that they would start your anniversary gift and not let you know.
An email would be nice for those that they have on record.
When mine came up, it to was a few weeks into it before I found out about it.

What would disappoint me more is if the gift was something that I already have on my account.
You would think they would give you a credit to something you have a common interest in.
Example, I have no desire to watch movies, so I too got little use out of it, but I am big in to sports, they could have given a credit towards something Sports related.

Then again, they don't owe me anything, it was a nice gesture on thier part.

Jimbo

I got free showtime in Sept. for 3 months for being longtime loyal customer. But I never received any notification whatsoever. I found out via this web thread. What a way to do business.

It is supposed to send you an email if they have your email, or a postcard if they don't. There were some issues when the program first started last fall with notifications not happening all that well.

It should be better now.

Generally they give you a movie package for 3 months, if you have all the movie packages (or the ones they are offering free) they may do some free PPVs or a straight discount off your bill.

Nothing yet for me. Its only been 2 years. Maybe if I threaten to switch they will give another 6 months of starz

What I want is stuck in a battle between MSG & DTV (NHL Center Ice). No HD feeds of the NY-area teams :( I wish loyalty could fix that, being a DTV customer since '99.

It may be $5 off for X months, like 6 months. The rep may have just saw the credit for Feb and not realized it. Did you try the site:

DIRECTV Loyalty Program

yep.....I did get hold of another rep and they did confirm that it was $5/mo off for 10 months....so that is a lot better....that averages out to $5 a year that I have been with them. I am happy:) At least as long any of you who got a better deal don 't post it here:D

George

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)