DirecTV Loyalty Progam

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay gang, I'm new here, but I got some tidbits for you.

The loyalty program runs like this - if you pay your bills on time each month (with maybe a hiccup every once in a blue moon to be looked over, of course!) and you've been with DTV for over 3 years... You're entitled to the Loyalty Program.

The only thing that knocks you out of eligibility is not paying your bills - seriously, that's it. You can be with DTV since the doors first opened and if you don't have an excellent billing and payment history...pffft, no goodies for you.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

*edit* BTW, please don't call in screaming and cussing due to this - the people on the phone are not the reason you don't get freebies, it's your lack of a decent payment history!

Online it said I did not qualify, so I called a few weeks ago just to check out my commitment. I then asked about a loyalty program I had heard something about. They told me that my anniversary date (3 years) was in September and to call back.

I called yesterday and mentioned that I was told to call. At first she seemed hesitant to do anything, but when she saw that the CSR from last month wrote down that he told me to call she opened up. She basically asked what I wanted. Of course I asked for discounts and she gave me my HD (9.99) free for 12 months. She then asked if I would like more, I asked for Starz and got it for 6 months, and then she threw in Showtime for 3 months. I'm happy.

P.S. I have made it a point to always be extremely nice to CSR's and more than once it has paid off. They write down good notes and subsequent discussions have proven productive.

I've only been a D* customer for 18 months... No loyalty yet, but I did get an additional free HD receiver and my movie premiums free for 4 months.

It showed up on my billing page that I was a loyal customer but when I tried the website it said I was not elegible. I then called in they said I was definately elegible and that they have been having problems with their website. She gave me $20 off my bill each month for 12 months, HBO and Max for 6 months and SHOW and TMC for 3 months. I am really happy!

website said i did not qualify. So I called and the rep gave me a free HD DVR can't bet that

I didn't even know about the loyalty program until today. But I received 12 months of Showtime for free last month (August). Got a postcard telling me that it was currently active and it was an anniversary gift. My anniversary month must be August. Who knew? Thanks, D*. At $12 a month that is $144.

I didn't even know about the loyalty program until today. But I received 12 months of Showtime for free last month (August). Got a postcard telling me that it was currently active and it was an anniversary gift. My anniversary month must be August. Who knew? Thanks, D*. At $12 a month that is $144.

Are you a long time sub ?
They gave me 3 months, not complaining, just mentioning.

We were given 3 months of Showtime. I called just because we'd rather have HBO instead, the CSR tried to switch it. She wasn't able to because of the way it was set up automatically due to the loyalty program. She went ahead and ave me 3 months of HBO anyway, so I now have 3 months free of Showtime and HBO.

Another Loyalty Program Story

We had been with DTV since 1996, and had never asked for any freebies or monthly rate adjustments. In July, 2007, when they notified us of yet another monthly rate increase, I called. They gave us a new triple-LNB dish, two new basic receivers, HBO and Showtime free for six months, and reduced our monthly bill by $ 10.00 per month for 12 months. We (still) have the original "Total Choice" package (no longer offered) with the NFL Network and the Big Ten Network included. We do not have/use the DVR or HD, waiting for our televisions to fail before upgrading. I am in the process of going through my "competitive account review" with them to see what they will do for me, if anything. I now have the option of DishNetwork, AT&T U-Verse, and Time-Warner Cable in my town, so I have made mention of the competitive landscape to them. They asked me to call them and gave me a PIN to use.

Scheinoha, not quite the same loyalty, they are reffering you to the retention team (thus the pin code) to try to keep you :)

WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

We had been with DTV since 1996, and had never asked for any freebies or monthly rate adjustments. In July, 2007, when they notified us of yet another monthly rate increase, I called. They gave us a new triple-LNB dish, two new basic receivers, HBO and Showtime free for six months, and reduced our monthly bill by $ 10.00 per month for 12 months. We (still) have the original "Total Choice" package (no longer offered) with the NFL Network and the Big Ten Network included. We do not have/use the DVR or HD, waiting for our televisions to fail before upgrading. I am in the process of going through my "competitive account review" with them to see what they will do for me, if anything. I now have the option of DishNetwork, AT&T U-Verse, and Time-Warner Cable in my town, so I have made mention of the competitive landscape to them. They asked me to call them and gave me a PIN to use.

Why have you not used your DVR ?
It will work fine with a SD TV as well as a HD TV, you should try it, you may like it :)
btw, you can also use the HD on the SD TV, there is a setting in the menu for Standard 4:3 programming as well as 16:9.

Jimbo

It seems like DirecTv sure is doing more to please their customers than Dish Network is. I pay for my programming one year in advance and they get around $85 per month off of me and been a customer for 7 years and they act like they don't want to do a dang thing for me but give me a runaround and rip me out of one of my owned receivers and many many phone calls over that which led nowhere. The only thing I see that Dish Network offers their customers is free CineMax with credit card autopay and paperless billing. That could be their way of overcharging you and trying to make up for part of it.

Yup - this is an excellent idea ...

Seems like a good counter offer to Dish's Cinemax for a penny if you have auto payment and paperless billing.

Throw the end user a bone every now and again and it puts even the thought of "looking out of the window to see how green the grass is on the other side" out of your head.

:)

Totally agree! I just got a free hr22 (had to buy it initially but was given credits to cover it off), plus the rest of the Nascar 08 package plus the HD Extra promo (3mo free). Yeah, getting the bone every now and then (which really doesn't sound very good when read back...) is good for maintaining loyalty. Doesn't really take a whole lot of effort every couple of years or so to say thanks to a good customer.

I finally asked about my status. Indeed I started with DirecTV in May 1999, they even provided the account number I had at that time. I moved from Virginia to Texas in May 2003, suspending my account until I got a new house. Unfortunately I was just outside the San Antonio city limits and was forced to get my DirecTV through Pegasus for the next couple of years until the law changed and I no longer had to use Pegasus. While DirecTV recognizes I was a customer this whole time they date my anniversary from when I came back directly under DirecTV. No joy for me for probably a couple of years then. Oh they did give me an "offer" but it was to upgrade my H10 but that's been a standing offer for several months and until I upgrade the TV it's hooked to there's no real press to make that happen on my part.

Last edited:
Totally agree! I just got a free hr22 (had to buy it initially but was given credits to cover it off), plus the rest of the Nascar 08 package plus the HD Extra promo (3mo free). Yeah, getting the bone every now and then (which really doesn't sound very good when read back...) is good for maintaining loyalty. Doesn't really take a whole lot of effort every couple of years or so to say thanks to a good customer.

Don't forget: when you activated your 'bone', you committed for another 2 years. Essentially, it's the same as a cell phone upgrade: the free and discounted phones require a new commitment. It's a good business model in terms of retention.

I was a longtime customer (since 2000 I think), but I left in February this year to try Uverse. I didn't like it, and just came back this week. I wonder if they will count my previous time with them, or if I start over from scratch? I kept the same account number and all of that, and they didn't count me as a new customer when it came to the deals I got for signing up, so I am hoping maybe they will just consider me a long time customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)