DirecTV Loyalty Progam

Status
Please reply by conversation.
With all this speculation I'm not too sure when I'll become eligible. I've been with DirecTV since June 1999. We moved to Texas in May 2003 and since our new home was three blocks outside the city limits we had to get our DirecTV through Pegasus. That lasted for a couple of years or so and we were converted back to DirecTV. Don't remember exactly when that happened but I think it was in late 2004. So what's my anniversary date? I haven't the faintest though I guess I could call DirecTV and find out. Might add that in previous conversations with DirecTV CSR's I've been told I've been a customer since 1999 and they've given me "credit" for my Pegasus time and in other conversations I've only been with them since I converted back to DirecTV from Pegasus. (The example was NFL ST. I'd had that since it came out. When I moved I got it from Pegasus who, by the way, didn't give me credit for being a returning ST subscriber since I'd gotten it from DirecTV so I wasn't counted as renewing. Converted back to DirecTV and they treated me the same way, said my Pegasus subscription to ST didn't count.)

Based on feedback, they are going to rewrite the message in the red box indicating non-elegiblity. Something softer encoraging users that they may be eligible in the future will appear instead in a few days.

Doesn't get you a reward, but perhaps will upset you less.

As a reminder, it was posted by Scott a few days ago, you are eligible if you have 3 years with DirecTV in your anniversary month. So only customers of 3 years that started service in August will see any offer right now.

They will also mail something to your billing address when your anniversary comes.

Just wondered if I can find out what my aniv month is without
calling Directv. After 12 or 13 years, I can't remember what month I signed up.

Ben Music

From DirecTv:
Talking about the red bar
While we can't change the graphic 'red bar', we can change the text to better reflect this is a monthly rollout and customers are being recognized.
Look for this text to change to the following in the next day or two to:
"You do not qualify today but we will continue to recognize loyal customers in the upcoming months".
and more info
Generally, the longer you have been with us and the higher your engagement is with us, the higher the actual $ value of the gift. There are instances where what you may already have is taken into account.

No love for me either.

In fact, even less love. The discount on receivers they offered me last week (anything free except HD-DVR for $99) is now gone, just showing regular price - and no, I did not buy one last week.

I just lapsed my second year, so I'm out of contract, haven't added any equipment since my original install. So, it's not just contract status. Probably not just programming either, I have HD-DVR Plus pack ($73), two premiums ($23), NFL-ST & MLB-EI, both with superfan. That's a BIG average bill.

I don't get it. I've been a subscriber since Sept. 2000, have upgraded a couple of times (paying for equipment), and moved. I was given a free HDDVR late-2006 when my installers couldn't get it right after 4 visits.

That's 8 years, I've got the Premier package, and I'm under contract through December. I'm going to call and ask why I don't qualify.

I emailed DTV as I had gotten the dreaded red bar. They gave me HD extra for a year for free. I have been with them over eight years. So all it took was a nudge.

mine now reads, ``you do not qualify today but we will continue to reward our loyal customers over the upcoming months.''

I don't get it. I've been a subscriber since Sept. 2000, have upgraded a couple of times (paying for equipment), and moved. I was given a free HDDVR late-2006 when my installers couldn't get it right after 4 visits.

That's 8 years, I've got the Premier package, and I'm under contract through December. I'm going to call and ask why I don't qualify.

because u arent eligible until september....u only get the gift in the month u started the service.

I've had DirecTV for 7 years THIS month, yet the message on my screen tells me I don't qualify at this time. Hmm.

What an odd "promotion". It's good to know that I'm paying for other's free gifts. If loyalty for 2 years is not good enough, then I'll have to go somewhere else.

Hopefully they're just working out the kinks.

I saw the link on 8/21, it told me that I was to get free showtime for 3 months. I never got it. I then saw Scott's post and gave it a few days, still no showtime.

I emailed D* and it turns out my anniversary month is September, not August. When I go to the loyalty link now, I get the red bar.

We'll see what I get next month.

Last edited:
What an odd "promotion". It's good to know that I'm paying for other's free gifts. If loyalty for 2 years is not good enough, then I'll have to go somewhere else.

The free gifts are going to be valued at less than $100 ... 3 months free of Showtime is at the most $36 ... Why would you leave over that? If you read through this thread it's based on Anniversary month. When is yours?

Perhaps I just don't get why so many people are upset about. be patient and I am sure most people will get something. I've been a customer for 5 years and they've always been good to me: never paid full price for a receiver, replacements for defective receivers, and freebies right and left even on the most mundane of calls.

because u arent eligible until september....u only get the gift in the month u started the service.

That's just incorrect.

I checked the website again (several days have passed), it still has the red-bar and "coming months" message. I called customer service and asked about it. They checked the account and said that I qualify for offers. I've already got Premier so they can't give additional channels. I've got all HD equipment including one HD-DVR... but they could give me 50% off on a 2nd HD-DVR, including a multiswitch, and installation including the 2nd run needed for the DVR. If I choose to pursue, it would be $99 plus a shipping/handling charge for the equipment.

The annual gift would still be on the table at my anniversary month (September). An anniversary gift will be offered to loyal customers every year during their anniversary month for as long as the program is available.

The LOYALTY program is making me DISLOYAL after eleven years. What a stupid idea. When I go to the link it it says "Thanks" and they hope I am enjoying my gift. WHAT GIFT? I ain't got no stink'n gift that I know of.

When I used to click "Continue" it gave me the curt and then more recently, the more friendly red bar. Now it sends me back to the login page.

What a stupid idea. I was happy until I learned the other kids are getting candy and I wasn't. Ignorance is bliss.

The LOYALTY program is making me DISLOYAL after eleven years. What a stupid idea. When I go to the link it it says "Thanks" and they hope I am enjoying my gift. WHAT GIFT? I ain't got no stink'n gift that I know of.

When I used to click "Continue" it gave me the curt and then more recently, the more friendly red bar. Now it sends me back to the login page.

What a stupid idea. I was happy until I learned the other kids are getting candy and I wasn't. Ignorance is bliss.

Call them and you'll get your candy. Don't be the kid crying b/c his ice cream fell off the cone.

I had the exact same screen but then clicked the 'Thank you-Submit feedback' link that appears & that will then tell you what your gift is. I still haven't received the email telling me how my PPV credits will apply, but once again they could offer me nothing & I'd still be ahead of the game with them.

That's just incorrect.

I checked the website again (several days have passed), it still has the red-bar and "coming months" message. I called customer service and asked about it. They checked the account and said that I qualify for offers. I've already got Premier so they can't give additional channels. I've got all HD equipment including one HD-DVR... but they could give me 50% off on a 2nd HD-DVR, including a multiswitch, and installation including the 2nd run needed for the DVR. If I choose to pursue, it would be $99 plus a shipping/handling charge for the equipment.

The annual gift would still be on the table at my anniversary month (September). An anniversary gift will be offered to loyal customers every year during their anniversary month for as long as the program is available.

anyone can get a deal anytime....but this loyalty program is based on sign up month.

And the only reason you know the link is because it was posted here. They weren't expecting people to know the link unless it came in an email... But, call and you will get something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts