DirecTV Loyalty Progam

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i have a hunch this program will be launched on or about august 14 to coincide with the hd launch. just call it a retired reporters instinct!

Have you tried asking? I've only been a customer for about 3 years, and have gotten 3 free HD-DVR upgrades (one HR10-250, one HR20 and one HR21) over the last couple years.

I have asked and been told no despite being a 13 year customer who pays (never been late either) over $150 a month including all the receiver fees and taxes that my state likes to charge.

Maybe I didn't play the CSR roulette game hard enough.

Great idea. It always bothers me that most companies, not just DirecTV, will reward new customers just to sign them up, but won't give even a "thank you" to those of us who keep making payments for years without fail.

Well thats because DTVs interest is higher in new customers than existing ones(existing ones are already in place). Plain and simple business tactic.

I would think that as long as we all know that they are funning a business so freebies are going around left and right, if we can get a little something here and there a majority of us would be happy.

This item shows up on my Directv.com account under email subscriptions:

"Loyal Viewer Anniversary gift notices for you, our loyal customer"

I have asked and been told no despite being a 13 year customer who pays (never been late either) over $150 a month including all the receiver fees and taxes that my state likes to charge.

Maybe I didn't play the CSR roulette game hard enough.

Dude, no doubt! Call back again, I can't believe that! I just called the other day for something else and mentioned that I would like to have another HR2# to replace one of my H20's and she was like, "No problem." Got it yesterday. Just try again. I am with Vurbano on this one. I think the loyalty thing has been there all along for those of us that are caught up in this stuff. Heck, I have gotten things for so long now, of course I have been with D* since the very begining (first guy in Columbus, late 94 I believe).

Where the difference will be is that every Tom, Dick and Harry will now be getting in the goodies, bummer!

I have mentioned in the past (probably around 2-3 years ago) about something like this in which should be done, and said that Dish Network should try this. This will help prevent churn in which will make the numbers look better each quarter. Maybe Dish Network could learn a thing or two from DirecTv.

"Loyal Viewer Anniversary gift notices for you, our loyal customer"

I logged into DTV & was alerted to take a survey about my free gift; I never received the email because that check box for the above referenced email was unchecked. They gave me a free HD-DVR just before this program (very nice of them) so I wasn't expecting anything else but they also had "Free PPV Ticket-Admit One" next to the survey. Anything special you have to do for the free PPV or is it an automatic credit. I mentioned this in the survey but am unsure if they will send another copy of the email promo.

Anybody else get the free ticket.

After I log in, just under the menu bar there is a link that has this:

Go to directv.com/thanks and let us know how we're doing.

When I click on it, it tells me I've been a loyal viewer since 2001. Beneath that there is a logo that says:

Anniversary Gift

Showtime Free for 3 months

Below that there is a feedback box.

what_you_think_text.png

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do next? I can't click on the Showtime logo. Am I supposed to call?

I logged in today, and got a big red box that said you are not eligible to participate in this program.......WTF?

I've been a loyal customer since 1996........
not to mention I subscribe to everything and their brother!!

I'm out of my contract period, so maybe it's time to be loyal to someone else!:mad:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do next? I can't click on the Showtime logo. Am I supposed to call?

I think you will see a charge/credit for the free Showtime you will be receiving depending on whether you are currently subscribing to Showtime. If you don't subscribe to Showtime see if it's currently available on your receivers?

I logged in today, and got a big red box that said you are not eligible to participate in this program.......WTF?

I'm out of my contract period, so maybe it's time to be loyal to someone else!:mad:

This is just plain wrong & just a little funny with my warped sense of humor. Better to say nothing to you then have a big box of coal shoved at you.

Items available to Hookem99: :neener

I've got the same thing, I've been with D* since '95.:(

Same thing here man. Been a customer for 8 years and I got the not eligible. We are also out of contract.

Same thing here and my wife and have been with DirecTV for at least 5 years if not longer.

Have you guys received anything over the past 6-12 months that might have qualified for past gifts; new equipment/dish/free programming of any sort. I wasn't expecting anything as I simply call them if I want something & they always give me what I want (Two H20's, One SD & one Hr-21 in the past year). I've been with them since they launched but can't believe they would go out of there way to exclude 10+ year subs with "The works" packages.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)