DIRECTV Makes Multi Year Agreement With WeatherNation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry weather channel lol

SCREW the weather channel, the stupid channel NEVER even had weather on there. Now Directv will lower our monthly bills a little bit, ha ha just kidding :)

We will know that the Weather Channel is gone for good when WN is only on one channel location.

IMHO, WC was bad. Problem One. Over-hype of standard winter storms as "Super Storm Martha" and other such ho-ha. Asside from thus making the channel vastly too northeast and midwest centric, it is insulting to those who live in Tornado Alley or the Hurricane coasts, or even the flood prone areas of Appalachia or the Ozarks. It snows in the north in winter. It is not a disaster like a hurricane. Problem Two. All props to the USCG, but do the f***ing weather, boys and girls. If I want the weather, I want the weather. Not some show about sea rescues, hurricanes from 20 years ago, or whatever.

As to WN, it is solid. It needs some rough edges sanded down. For one thing the undercrawl just gets the raw feed (thus by county) of watches and warnings. That makes the list too long. Somebody with geographic knowledge (or a good map) needs to just reduce the list of counties to things like "southern Indiana" or "parts of Nebraska nearest Omaha" and like that. The other is that, the announcers need to sit down and learn how to pronounce geographic names. The AP still has a book it publishes with phonetic spellings of US and Canadian geography. And, no, the way the Spanish or French would pronounce the Spanish or French word is not always right in this context.

We have 2 pretty big severe weather events coming up one today and another one sunday into monday and still nothing. I was depending on this channel and maybe directv decided just not to add the severe weather mix channel

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I can just hear the moaning and crying at Forums.directv.com. Good. Now they can get rid of the extra mapped channel.

We have 2 pretty big severe weather events coming up one today and another one sunday into monday and still nothing. I was depending on this channel and maybe directv decided just not to add the severe weather mix channel

We heard it may come soon... :)

We will know that the Weather Channel is gone for good when WN is only on one channel location. IMHO, WC was bad. Problem One. Over-hype of standard winter storms as "Super Storm Martha" and other such ho-ha. Asside from thus making the channel vastly too northeast and midwest centric, it is insulting to those who live in Tornado Alley or the Hurricane coasts, or even the flood prone areas of Appalachia or the Ozarks. .
I'll admit i did not watch TWC a lot, but living in MI (we consider it the midwest) I can say it wasn't midwest centric, we could hardly get any info on weather here from TWC. I will agree about them being very east coast centric, but it seems everyone is. it's all about the East Coast and LA, middle America is largely ignored by the media.

The other is that, the announcers need to sit down and learn how to pronounce geographic names. The AP still has a book it publishes with phonetic spellings of US and Canadian geography. And, no, the way the Spanish or French would pronounce the Spanish or French word is not always right in this context.

I love when we get new weather-dweebs in this market from out of the area. For the first few months they are continually mispronouncing place-names here. It's LANkester, not lanCASter. It's bell-fountain, not bellefonatain. It's dell-HI, not Delhi. And my favorites, it's gala-police, not Galipolis. It's Ry-o Grand, not Ree-o Grande.

Penny-pinching move by DirecTV.

The Weather Channel screwed itself.

And the move from DirecTV reminds me of some other providers who look to get rid of a channel that won't cause an exodus of their subscribers over the programming loss.

The removal of this channel will set a precedent in that other providers will now try to do the same since the result was good. The Weather Channel knows this.

The removal of this channel will set a precedent in that other providers will now try to do the same since the result was good. The Weather Channel knows this.

yup. obviously directv's subscriber impact was hardly hit by the loss of TWC. not a good sign for them

What I can not figure by the greedy SOB's is they are advertiser supported and carrier supported so they a screwing them self. Then they scramble there feeds to control the product. weather ch still on Dish.

We will know that the Weather Channel is gone for good when WN is only on one channel location.

IMHO, WC was bad. Problem One. Over-hype of standard winter storms as "Super Storm Martha" and other such ho-ha. Asside from thus making the channel vastly too northeast and midwest centric, it is insulting to those who live in Tornado Alley or the Hurricane coasts, or even the flood prone areas of Appalachia or the Ozarks. It snows in the north in winter. It is not a disaster like a hurricane. Problem Two. All props to the USCG, but do the f***ing weather, boys and girls. If I want the weather, I want the weather. Not some show about sea rescues, hurricanes from 20 years ago, or whatever.

Actually, a large portion of Tornado Alley is the Midwest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)