DirecTV Messed up order

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dakeshon

Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
PA
Hello!
I ordered Directv on the 22nd and confirmed my order of 1 HD-DVR, 3 HD Receivers, and 1 standard. Today, I called to check up on my order and found out that it was some how changed. Talked to the rep and the only thing he could do was 1. Write a note on my account for the Tech to bring 3 HD Receivers or 2. schedule my install for Thursday. My install is the first one, is there anything I could do to guarantee the 3 HD Receivers?

Thanks.

dakeshon said:
Hello!
I ordered Directv on the 22nd and confirmed my order of 1 HD-DVR, 3 HD Receivers, and 1 standard. Today, I called to check up on my order and found out that it was some how changed. Talked to the rep and the only thing he could do was 1. Write a note on my account for the Tech to bring 3 HD Receivers or 2. schedule my install for Thursday. My install is the first one, is there anything I could do to guarantee the 3 HD Receivers?

Thanks.

1- you never know if you'll be the first or last in a stop so they've lied already.

As for getting the 3 HD's you can either have the tech call and get the order changed when he arrives (which DirecTV might to throw charges on the 3) or have them rebuild the order and change the install date OR call back and try to get it changed before the tech arrives. Downfall is you may be reverted back to the first option if you try to change your current order now.

Hello!

Thanks.

You placed order thru a retailer. You called into Directv and they wont change it, but they will be happy to cancel the first order and make a new one to steal the sale from the retailer. When the tech gets to your house have him modify it to what you want. It's not that big a deal.

1- you never know if you'll be the first or last in a stop so they've lied already.

As for getting the 3 HD's you can either have the tech call and get the order changed when he arrives (which DirecTV might to throw charges on the 3) or have them rebuild the order and change the install date OR call back and try to get it changed before the tech arrives. Downfall is you may be reverted back to the first option if you try to change your current order now.

1- The times doesn't matter? My install is 8-12

They did give me that option, but I already cancelled Comcast and don't want to wait until Thursday to have TV. I hope that the tech can bring the 3 HD's tomorrow. Is it possible for them to call another tech to bring the equipment?

You placed order thru a retailer. You called into Directv and they wont change it, but they will be happy to cancel the first order and make a new one to steal the sale from the retailer. When the tech gets to your house have him modify it to what you want. It's not that big a deal.

I ordered from DirecTV via the phone, not a retailer. The Rep was worried that he might now have 3 HD's on his truck.

dakeshon said:
1- The times don't matter? My install is 8-12

They did give me that option, but I already cancelled Comcast and don't want to wait until Thursday to have TV. I hope that the tech can bring the 3 HD's tomorrow. Is it possible for them to call another tech to bring the equipment?

The time slots matter. I was under the impression you was told you'd be the very first stop. More than likely the tech will have the other HD's. Most times modifying an order goes flawless or they wanna take every penny they can. It all depends on your credit. If I was you I'd just have the tech modfy the order and hope all goes well

I ordered from DirecTV via the phone, not a retailer. The Rep was worried that he might now have 3 HD's on his truck.

People say that all the time. If you got the number off one of those flyers you get in the mail or newspaper, it's probably not Directv but a retailer. You would never know they answer the phone Directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)