directv nationals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jelbaz

Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
vermont
If I switch my dish to the slimline 5 lnb will this enable me to pick up the nationals if I'm from Montreal.
or will they still be only available through spot beam from the locals to the general area where the subscription is from.
Thanks for any help on this

Do you mean the nationals like fox, cbs, nbc, and abc? If so, you will need a service address that is not covered by local networks.

That's what I meant. Thanks
I thought maybe with the new satellites out there I would be able to pick up these stations.

There are national feeds on Conus, but you have to be at a location not serviced by local networks. With some research, you could probably find an address that would work and "move" to your new service address......

I live in vermont but have family in montreal where i stay often.
I like my directv. have tripod will travel.
Thanks

There are national feeds on Conus, but you have to be at a location not serviced by local networks. With some research, you could probably find an address that would work and "move" to your new service address......
I live in the NY area and receive both the spot beam locals AND the National CONUS CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX in the 380-390's. Therefore, if you use a NY address you should get the nationals as they are CONUS.

I live in the NY area and receive both the spot beam locals AND the National CONUS CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX in the 380-390's. Therefore, if you use a NY address you should get the nationals as they are CONUS.

If you are getting locals, your CONUS channels will go away eventually.

I have always had the locals since DirecTV added them. Others here in the NY area have also reported that they can see the NY Nationals in the 380-390's. My understanding is everyone in the NY DMA receives both. There have been times when the spot beam goes out yet we still have the CONUS. In addition for a time the PQ on the CONUS was better than on the Spot Beam.

The DNS channels in the 380s are the SD versions and the ones in the 390s are the HD ones. The rules governing eligibility are different for SD and HD. These are all CONUS and are the four major networks, the others are spot beamed.

I'm in Dutchess County, NY, so I get them as well. Without D-TV (or cable, FIOS, etc.) I would not get any OTA (damn those mountains ;) ).

Just curious...has anyone noticed a difference in PQ between the "local feeds" (Channels 2, 4, 5, and 7) and the "national feeds" (Channels 390, 392, 396, and 398) and what is the difference between these feeds?

How many miles are you looking at from your place in Vermont to Montreal. It could be in the spotbeam range? If that is the case you'd just get the locals from the service address in Vermont. On the map, it isn't that far over the border, you may be good.

DIRECTV: Local Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)